Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

12 hours ago, Treelo the Good Treenosaur said:

fucking hate when customers are like this. If you turn up after the official start time then it is 100% your fault if the adverts are shorter than you think and you miss some of the film. And 45 minutes, what an idiot. Most cinemas play around 20 minutes of ads/trailers, sometimes less sometimes more. (at least here) I personally would not risk being later than 10 minutes.

I am sympathetic to customers when we have less ads than usual - 95% of the time it's 20 minutes, so customers get used to that. Sometimes on opening weekend of big movies, we'll only run 10 minutes of ads, and then people turn up a few mins into the film. I do sympathise with them... but at the same time it's their fault and if they get angry then my sympathy will vanish quite quickly...

27-28 minute rule always works for me. 

I would prefer the trailers to start when it hits the show time and let the pointless fucking adverts play 15 minutes before.

I did complain once though, I arrived 1 minute before the showing and had missed 5 mins of the film, their excuse was they like to finish early on a Friday night. I was pissed off

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

It's fascinating how everyone seemed to like STID for about two days and then immediately aggressively turned on it.

That's what happens when "disappointing" numbers come in. Everyone was salivating over AOU when Variety said $100M OD, then by Saturday night tables turned and it was the forum punching bag.

• Like 2

On 12/7/2015, 11:26:25, kayumanggi said:

I enjoy watching them on the big screen especially if almost every trailer is for a movie I am looking forward to seeing.

On 12/7/2015, 11:36:11, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I think 5-7 is a good amount 

On 12/7/2015, 11:55:48, Telemachos said:

5-7? Man, I'm used to 3...4 max.

Fuck it. We won't get atleast a trailer. Those fuckers instead of playing trailers they play shitty ads which are playing since Tele's Childhood.

• Community Manager

12 hours ago, Treelo the Good Treenosaur said:

fucking hate when customers are like this. If you turn up after the official start time then it is 100% your fault if the adverts are shorter than you think and you miss some of the film. And 45 minutes, what an idiot. Most cinemas play around 20 minutes of ads/trailers, sometimes less sometimes more. (at least here) I personally would not risk being later than 10 minutes.

I am sympathetic to customers when we have less ads than usual - 95% of the time it's 20 minutes, so customers get used to that. Sometimes on opening weekend of big movies, we'll only run 10 minutes of ads, and then people turn up a few mins into the film. I do sympathise with them... but at the same time it's their fault and if they get angry then my sympathy will vanish quite quickly...

27-28 minute rule always works for me. 

I would prefer the trailers to start when it hits the show time and let the pointless fucking adverts play 15 minutes before.

I did complain once though, I arrived 1 minute before the showing and had missed 5 mins of the film, their excuse was they like to finish early on a Friday night. I was pissed off

Okay beginning the movie before the show time is bs. They should have offered you a refund.

It's fascinating how everyone seemed to like STID for about two days and then immediately aggressively turned on it.

STID is amazing and I just don't get the hate. It's one of my go-to movies when I'm flying.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk