Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I'm legit confused by the people who don't like the trailer. i guess they just don't like star trek (or fun movies) anyway which is fair enough I suppose.

Or perhaps they're Abrams disciples who follow no one but him.

He's done some great work, but people seem to overhype him up the wazoo and make some of his work better than it actually is, like M:I-III and STID.

I'm reserving judgment on Star Wars.

• Like 1

Why are there so many dislikes on the video? Because of how STID "ruined the series" or something? Because it doesn't feature the black character? What arbitrary reason could it be???

Edited by Salacious Tree Crumb

That Spock teleporting bit is going to

1)get alot of laughs in theaters and

2)probably become a reaction gif like "abandon thread".

edited to clarify, when i say laughs in theaters i am soley referring to the trailer playing in theaters.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If anyone is still expecting something like TOS and TNG after the last two movies lol @ you

I'd settle for merely stupid, like the first one. At least then, the cast can still elevate it to decent and fun. The second one not even they could fix.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If anyone is still expecting something like TOS and TNG after the last two movies lol @ you

this actually looks way closer to the originals than the last two. it's just a bit more 21st century blockbustery which is to be expected of course. right way to go. the amount of dislikes is probably because people like dull, 'dark' trailers like what Into Darkness had.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I'll be nice and say they seem to be trying to capture the spirit of the original series

LOL. Right cause that's the problem that the original series fans had with the Abrams movies, not enough action.

I'm looking forward to it. I didn't like the song that accompanied the trailer, but I think it could be a good movie. Still it does seem a step-down after the glorious Abrams movies.

2 minutes ago, Darth Water Bottle said:

LOL. Right cause that's the problem that the original series fans had with the Abrams movies, not enough action.

I'm looking forward to it. I didn't like the song that accompanied the trailer, but I think it could be a good movie. Still it does seem a step-down after the glorious Abrams movies.

If it's one story that has a more climactic resolution instead of multiple stories crammed into one that don't, then it's a start in being better than STID.

I don't know much about Star Trek, but isn't it mostly about exploring stuff, which this one seems to be about? I question the choice of music in the trailer but I think the footage shown look really promising, hoping for a fun adventure.

Would be nice to see other members of the crew beside the three dudes having more things to do though. 

• Like 1