Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

1. Wrath of Khan

2. Undiscovered Country

3. First Contact

4. The Voyage Home

5. ST09

6. Beyond

7. The Search for Spock

8. Into Darkness

9. The Motion Picture

10. Generations

11. Final Frontier

12. Nemesis

Been too long since I saw Insurrection to properly remember/rank it. I think my reception of it was around Generations level.

In the midst of the rankings, one of the things I appreciated about BEYOND was how it re-incorporated Roddenberry's humanist philosophy back into the series. It didn't make a big deal about it, but giving that vision specific voice made this feel more Trek-ish than almost anything else in the NuTrek saga (aside from the main characters, I suppose).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

In the midst of the rankings, one of the things I appreciated about BEYOND was how it re-incorporated Roddenberry's humanist philosophy back into the series. It didn't make a big deal about it, but giving that vision specific voice made this feel more Trek-ish than almost anything else in the NuTrek saga (aside from the main characters, I suppose).

Unitee is naht your strength! It is your weekness! I am COUNTING on iT!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Unitee is naht your strength! It is your weekness! I am COUNTING on iT!

It was pretty amazing, tbh, to follow my Twitter feed last night and then have the movie feel like a direct commentary on our current political situation. 

July 22, 2016
Siphoning out the fistfights and exploding spaceships from its two-hour running time would leave about 30 minutes of plot, a sign that this story is essentially an overcomplicated TV episode rather than a movie.
Full Review | Original Score: 2/5

Yeah, just as I feared. STID is miles better than this, both as a movie, and as visuals. Long live JJ!!

Still this one has got some nice settings (the Ring City), so not a total loss seeing it. Maybe even twice - but I saw STID SEVEN!! times.

Edited by shayhiri

I mean, it's sorta disposable, but when it's this good of a cast, I'm okay with one more focused on characters getting moments to shine than overall "epicness"

Although Elba kinda pissed me off because why bother hiring him if you're gonna cover him in makeup and modify his voice. Legitimately sounded like Immortan Joe at points lol

• Like 1

On 7/21/2016 at 6:47 AM, Hatebox said:

World Premier today? Didn't they already have a premier in London like two weeks ago?

Yes and  two screenings in Australian week before London, one a fan based one and  followed same day  by premiere with director and 3 cast (basically flew from Sydney to London) , ST09 had the official world premiere which was actually  before any other  world screening they converted the Opera House concert hall into a cinema for the night.

• Like 3