CaptainJackSparrow

The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Record opening in Philippines and India, stabilizing elsewhere

Movies are expensive, that's just the way it is, you wouldn't believe how much a simple short movie done properly costs (I'm finding out right now). 

Let's just stop blaming Webb, remarks on CG work have been unanimously very positive, I mean, from people who actually saw the movie. 

I saw the movie and it is not "unanimously positive" at all. ROTPOTA was impressive CG-wise and groundbreaking, that cost like 2,7 times less than TASM2, so long...

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Usually Japan weekend data is 2-days (sat/sun) but TASM2 opened on friday, so 5,2 is 3-days gross and 4,1 is 2-days gross.

oh ok. How much did TASM make for it's 3 day weekend? 7.4? 

Edited by ban1o

Through two weekends, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has earned $132 million overseas. While it's hard to pinpoint exact numbers here, there's a sense that the superherosequel isn't really doing better overall business than the firstAmazing Spider-Man. That movie topped out at $490 million, which looks like a likely outcome for the sequel as well. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3830&p=.htm

Mostly bad.

For how they butchered a film that was suppose  was to resonate as one of the great SH films of all time, it deserves to make less than the first reboot. The film is almost Batman and Robin bad.. That is crazy when a SM film's quality drops to this level.

:'(