ChD

Live By Night | Christmas Day limited release, wide release on 01/13/17 | Ben Affleck/Warner Bros. New trailer on page 8

On 11/12/2016 at 10:54 AM, 4815162342 said:

He pitched to WB a Whitey Bulger movie with him and Damon involved. WB chose to go with the Johnny Depp version instead.

Still gets me mad, Scott Cooper is a hack

Anyway, got the new trailer at Arrival. Looks fucking great.

Sasha Stone 

@AwardsDaily

It's brilliant. His best and most accomplished imo.twitter.com/tomilaffly/sta…

Q: why is the "social media" embargo so long? Dec 21st is more than a month away. Maybe WB is not confident in critics?

Sasha Stone 

@AwardsDaily

Not sure. No need to be nervous though.

The meh reactions are just hearsay. I saw tweets from Sasha Stone (Awards Daily) highly praising the film, Kris Tapley & Jenelle Riley from Variety on a podcast saying, well, him saying he thought it was good, her saying it was solid. A couple of other good reactions. The only pan I saw was this guy from AICN on Twitter saying it was a disaster, which you'll admit doesn't really jive with the rest. 

I've no doubt that some pundits will be hungry for some Batfleck flesh after BvS and Argo winning the Oscar, there's always some of that left. The movie being a true genre, gangster picture in a kind of crowdpleasing way as Ben describes it, and not some kind of prestige thing, will not be for everyone, gangster pictures are not everyone's cup of tea ;-)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The meh reactions are just hearsay. I saw tweets from Sasha Stone (Awards Daily) highly praising the film, Kris Tapley & Jenelle Riley from Variety on a podcast saying, well, him saying he thought it was good, her saying it was solid. A couple of other good reactions. The only pan I saw was this guy from AICN on Twitter saying it was a disaster, which you'll admit doesn't really jive with the rest. 

I've no doubt that some pundits will be hungry for some Batfleck flesh after BvS and Argo winning the Oscar, there's always some of that left. The movie being a true genre, gangster picture in a kind of crowdpleasing way as Ben describes it, and not some kind of prestige thing, will not be for everyone, gangster pictures are not everyone's cup of tea ;-)

• Like 1

Those are brand new then. A thing though, that andrew woods guy already said a few weeks ago "it's a disaster", same thing the AICN guy said, I just think he's having fun and just parroting him. 

About Sam Adams, that tweet doesn't even mean anything considering the context, he's also from Slate which has been notorious lately for trashing so many movies. 

Not sure who's being serious here. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins