ChD

Live By Night | Christmas Day limited release, wide release on 01/13/17 | Ben Affleck/Warner Bros. New trailer on page 8

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Would Batman be his equivalent of Dirty Harry?

Affleck likely can pick whatever project he wants for WB and gets the huge payday for  playing Batman. 

He has it made for the rest of his life.  They will let him do whatever he wants as long as he gives them a tent pole every few years.  The guy is 4 for 4 on directing with a Best Picture win and another likely nomination.  He has a couple modern day Boston crime movies along with 2 period pieces in completely different eras.  

Warner Bros. is never going to let him go either.  They will flop that checkbook open and greenlight anything he wants.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

He has it made for the rest of his life.  They will let him do whatever he wants as long as he gives them a tent pole every few years.  The guy is 4 for 4 on directing with a Best Picture win and another likely nomination.  He has a couple modern day Boston crime movies along with 2 period pieces in completely different eras.  

Warner Bros. is never going to let him go either.  They will flop that checkbook open and greenlight anything he wants.  

I hope you're right but is better to wait for the reviews.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Not really.  There are more than enough signs here that Live By Night is going to be very, very good.  I've posted them here the past few months.  

Warner Bros moving it up 10 months and with early screenings for critics shows they're super confident in the film 

I wonder if WB will try and get a piece of Defence for the Prosecution which Affleck is directing and possibly starring for Fox or if they'll just Affleck do that then bring him back into the fold for other projects 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Affleck is a God at WB essencially. Nice to know :lol: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros moving it up 10 months and with early screenings for critics shows they're super confident in the film 

I wonder if WB will try and get a piece of Defence for the Prosecution which Affleck is directing and possibly starring for Fox or if they'll just Affleck do that then bring him back into the fold for other projects 

Awesome!

Time for me to avoid additional trailers then. I already plan to see it. Don't need anymore eye candy. I want to go into theaters with fresh/virgin eyes. :-D

• Like 1

Yup, Affleck has become intouchable in the WB ranks. But then again, dropping trailers like this gives you a good reason why. This is gonna be The Revenant of 2016/17, and if WB goes all out w/the marketing like they did w/American Sniper, it could go into a higher stratosphere than the Revenant floor (though not actually hitting AS numbers).

Really hoping this film delievers. I very much enjoyed all three of Affleck's directorial efforts.

15 hours ago, Jonwo said:

He hasn't officially signed on for Defence for the Prosecution has he? Last I heard he was just circling it 

• Like 1