Neo

Point Break | December 25, 2015 | China Release on December 3rd, 3 weeks before the US.

I just don't see the appeal in this. If I weren't seeing the movie for free, or if I wasn't some massive film fan, there's not much that appeals to me at all about this.

Fingers still crossed. Fingers still crossed. Please please don't suck.

When did Point Break become a classic? There's a ton of films from two or three decades ago that are far from classics.

I wouldn't call it a classic, or a "beloved film" or even a great one. It's just a movie that was pretty fun to watch that has recently become something of a cult classic.
  • Like 1

When did Point Break become a classic?  There's a ton of films from two or three decades ago that are far from classics.

Point Break is a classic.

Point Break and Near Dark are two of the more "under-appreciated" films from that era that have actually remained unseen by the folks that should love them, despite the fact that they weren't low-grade stright-to-video junk or anything like that.

• Like 5

When did Point Break become a classic?  There's a ton of films from two or three decades ago that are far from classics.

When Fast and Furious series ripped it off to great success.(And Drop Zone, XXX and many more ersatz) That means it has acquired cultural signification and influence on the genre that it has generated tropes and cliches still being used today.(The undercover cocky cop infiltrating daredevil gang of extreme sports addicts-sporting-values-underneath-the-bad-boy-persona to become one of them)

(It also paved the way for Keanu Reeves as an action hero breaking from his Bill & Ted persona).

I just rewatched it yesterday. It still holds up (those free fall sequences are amazing, the ex-presidents robbery and ensuing foot chase is still tense as I remembered) and Swayze is charismatic as all hell.(RIP Bodhi).(Lori Petty will always be one of my  favourite teenage crush)

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 3