Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

I honestly don't get why Bay and Wahlberg don't want to return. I thought AOE was supposed to be the start of a new TF trilogy, so it would make sense for the two to stick around for two more films. Otherwise, what was the point of introducing Mark's character and setting up a new storyline if the director and main actor leave?

• Like 1

I honestly don't get why Bay and Wahlberg don't want to return. I thought AOE was supposed to be the start of a new TF trilogy, so it would make sense for the two to stick around for two more films. Otherwise, what was the point of introducing Mark's character and setting up a new storyline if the director and main actor leave?

us-dollar-rebounds-ukraine-tensions-easeshiny-gold-dollar-sign.jpg

• Like 1

^Paramount only has one movie for the Summer. Studios have 3-5 Summer movies. June 29 (Wednesday) is open. May 20th, but the competition is already fierce, maybe if Alice or X-Men move. Also could open April 22 this is if the releases year is 2016.

I wonder if Transformers 5 is going to opening summer 2016 now that Star Trek 3 has filled the July 8th slot. November could be a option but I wouldn't be surprised if ends up opening in 2017 instead since there are more potential slots.

I wonder if Transformers 5 is going to opening summer 2016 now that Star Trek 3 has filled the July 8th slot. November could be a option but I wouldn't be surprised if ends up opening in 2017 instead since there are more potential slots.

Has May 20th, but competition would be crazy. Need to look at a Memorial weekend that would be as big. June 17th against Dory and Nice Guys. The 24th if ID4-2 vacates the spot. You also got July 22, but 3 movies might be pushing it. I say release it in 2017 on July 3rd.

Has May 20th, but competition would be crazy. Need to look at a Memorial weekend that would be as big. June 17th against Dory and Nice Guys. The 24th if ID4-2 vacates the spot. You also got July 22, but 3 movies might be pushing it. I say release it in 2017 on July 3rd.

I imagine Star Trek being released in 2016 is a priority for Paramount due to the 50th anniversary but I think Transformers 5 in that July 8th spot and Star Trek on November 11th would be better but I agree 2017 is more likely. If Wonder Woman wasn't scheduled for June 23rd, that would be the best slot for Transformers 5 although July 14th could work if FF2 doesn't happen or July 21st or if Terminator sequel doesn't happen either, perhaps May 19th?

Edited by Jonwo

I imagine Star Trek being released in 2016 is a priority for Paramount due to the 50th anniversary but I think Transformers 5 in that July 8th spot and Star Trek on November 11th would be better but I agree 2017 is more likely. If Wonder Woman wasn't scheduled for June 23rd, that would be the best slot for Transformers 5 although July 14th could work if FF2 doesn't happen or July 21st or if Terminator sequel doesn't happen either, perhaps May 19th?

ST is set for July 8th why move? PAR can have TF5 and ST in the same summer. Why not July 3rd or June 28? There are other good spots for TF5. There are a quite a few good dates in Summer 2017.

• Like 1

ST is set for July 8th why move? PAR can have TF5 and ST in the same summer. Why not July 3rd or June 28? There are other good spots for TF5. There are a quite a few good dates in Summer 2017.

I can't see Paramount wanting to compete with itself and hurting both Transformers and Star Trek by releasing so close to each other. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

I can't see Paramount wanting to compete with itself and hurting both Transformers and Star Trek by releasing so close to each other. 

Well the dates I gave were for 2017, TF5 can release in 2016 on June 24 that is 14 days away. Both will be 250M movies.

2008 (MAY/JUNE) IM3/IJ4/KFP

2010 (MAY) IM2/S4

Big movies can make 250M 2 weeks apart why not from the same studio? I understand if one was going to make 400M+, but both will finish around 250M.

• Like 1