Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

They need to finally go to space. We've seen enough about the humans, and enough of big cities getting leveled. I know Cybertron was "destroyed" in TF3, but they need to just pretend like that didn't happen at this point, and let us see Optimus do work in the cosmos.

Only way to keep this series from going anymore staler than it already has. Space would open up a fresh avenue and probably drum up some new interest, though I'm sure the domestic glory days are over. I cant see $300M again...unless they go to space and its epic.

But itll probs be just be 3 hours of Hong Kong getting blown up and Marky M drinking Jose Cuervo, so who am I kidding.

• Like 2

Honestly, for this to recover its domestic throne...the franchise needs to move past Bay...he's dimishing returns at this point...

They need...someone who can keep the epic action...but like...tell a...what's it called? Oh yeah, a story.

• Like 1

John Woo?

Looked up John Woo on IMDB to see what he has been up to recently. His post-MI2 filmography is ridiculously sparse and not something a director like him deserves. Maybe it was his choice to move away from movies for a while, but he never managed to get a good foothold in Hollywood despite Broken Arrow, MI2 and of course Face/Off all being decent sized hits.

Honestly, for this to recover its domestic throne...the franchise needs to move past Bay...he's dimishing returns at this point...

They need...someone who can keep the epic action...but like...tell a...what's it called? Oh yeah, a story.

GA doesn't care about directors like that. Just replacing Michael Bay for Spielberg isn't going to make much a difference if the damage is done. 4 movies in and they're all the same thing. The repetition has set in. That's why I said the space setting. It'll take this franchise where it hasn't been, and at this point where it rightfully should've gone to anyway. 

New York, Paris, Shanghai, middle America Texas, Los Angeles, Qatar village, Giza, Hong Kong, Washington DC, Sam's college, Chicago, Chernobyl, and 1 or 2 more cities that I'm probably forgetting, they've pretty destroyed half the globe at this point. Time to go somewhere else.

John Woo?

1992 was a LONG time ago.

GA doesn't care about directors like that. Just replacing Michael Bay for Spielberg isn't going to make much a difference if the damage is done. 4 movies in and they're all the same thing. The repetition has set in. That's why I said the space setting. It'll take this franchise where it hasn't been, and at this point where it rightfully should've gone to anyway. 

New York, Paris, Shanghai, middle America Texas, Los Angeles, Qatar village, Giza, Hong Kong, Washington DC, Sam's college, Chicago, Chernobyl, and 1 or 2 more cities that I'm probably forgetting, they've pretty destroyed half the globe at this point. Time to go somewhere else.

Bring something good and new...it can revive.

That doesn't mean great writing, it means something fresh. Has Vin Diesel taught you nothing?

Looked up John Woo on IMDB to see what he has been up to recently. His post-MI2 filmography is ridiculously sparse and not something a director like him deserves. Maybe it was his choice to move away from movies for a while, but he never managed to get a good foothold in Hollywood despite Broken Arrow, MI2 and of course Face/Off all being decent sized hits.

I would like to see his style in a movie like transformers, to see his take on the huge robot fights. I'm sure he'd throw in some cool shootouts too.

I'm sure the studio has different ideas if they had to replce bay, maybe a justin lin? I always thought zach snyder could bring some great visuals to transformers too.

I would like to see his style in a movie like transformers, to see his take on the huge robot fights. I'm sure he'd throw in some cool shootouts too.

I'm sure the studio has different ideas if they had to replce bay, maybe a justin lin? I always thought zach snyder could bring some great visuals to transformers too.

Seriously John Woo?

I mean...come on, his style is awesome, it also something that hasn't existed since 1992.

Yeah, I'm saying 1992 again. Cause fucking 1992. He jumped out of a building holding a baby...and it was COOL. NEVER AGAIN. RIP John Woo.

Seriously John Woo?

I mean...come on, his style is awesome, it also something that hasn't existed since 1992.

Yeah, I'm saying 1992 again. Cause fucking 1992. He jumped out of a building holding a baby...and it was COOL. NEVER AGAIN. RIP John Woo.

Watch Red Cliff, the way he directs battles and his imagery is still eye catching. Given the freedom of being able to tell a the tech wizzes exactly what he wants the robots to do and have them deliver that through cgi and adding in his passion for love stories which he could develop between whatever human characters he cast, I genuinely think we'd be in for a awesome and unique ride.

Xb3k8tS.gif

This looks hysterical to someone who has no idea what is happening in this scene(haven't seen the movie)... just a bunch of firework explosions going off on both sides of our heroes running with some slow motion.  It looks like a bunch of landmines in straight lines on both sides are going off for no reason.

• Like 6

I thought of a way to bring Megan Fox back. A decepticon takes over her body using new technology, changing her genetic make up and she is the villain of the movie. By the middle of the movie Sam has to return to try and stop her and by the end they have fell in love again, despite her being a transformer.

Maybe not the best way to do it but bringing Shia and Megan back is the only way to keep the franchise interesting TBH