Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

I agree that the first TF is easily the best, but IMO TF4 benefited from adding Mark Wahlberg. He really fits well in this franchise IMO.

Agreed, I enjoyed TF4 for the type of movie it was and a part of it was replacing Shia with Mark for me.

No I genuinely think he deserved a chance to lead the franchise after Shia left. He's done a great job as part of ensembles, now I would have liked to see Bay put him front and center.

Maybe with him and Duhamel both together as the leads

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Agreed, I enjoyed TF4 for the type of movie it was and a part of it was replacing Shia with Mark for me.

I appreciated the fact that TF4 decided to throw subtlety out the window completely, be it in plot or in product placement.

TF4 is easily the most intelligent answer from a director to critics in the history of cinema.

http://thebitterscriptreader.blogspot.com/2014/06/transformers-age-of-extinction-is-most.html

Thus, it's impossible not to interpret AGE OF EXTINCTION as two brilliant deconstructionists jam-banding on an action movie specifically designed to burn the house down. This is Kruger and Bay as Bialystock and Bloom, dropping "Springtime for Hitler" on an unsuspecting crowd like it's an atom bomb. And appropriately, the soundtrack of the damned can only be provided by Imagine Dragons.

With the fourth Transformers, Michael Bay finally accomplishes what the three previous films tried so hard to do - turn the Transformers into bad guys, the enemies of all mankind. The first film is idealistic and Spielberg-like for the first hour. It's the story of a teenage boy advancing into manhood by pursuing the desirable girl. It's a story as old as time and one gets the sense that were there no killer robots, Sam might win Mikaela's heart easily. But then the killer robots smash into Sam's narrative and from then on, the simple joys of independence from one's parents and pleasures of the flesh are cast aside.

• Like 1