Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

Come on, youre analyzing things way too hard.

Really, I can't think that a joke about rape in a family-friendly film is a bit out of place and offensive? Nothing in any of the Transformers movies was funny.

• Like 1

Hmm?

I could see Transformers 5's domestic be somewhere around $250-270M. A bit of an increase....

But only if Paramount could replace Bay with another director.....a better one that does care about the quality and wants to improve it.

Not the one that always relies on the exact same formula which makes these movies bad to begin with for the critics....which is the "over-use of explosion"-formula.

And....to be honest...i wouldn't mind some bits of explosion scenes here and there if it's necessary.....it's just that these films doesn't always need to have Non-stop-explosion-extravaganza.

• Like 1

Really, I can't think that a joke about rape in a family-friendly film is a bit out of place and offensive? Nothing in any of the Transformers movies was funny.

Honestly the rest of the movie is so deadly dull I kinda forgot that joke even happened.

Edited by C00k13

CHRISTINA HODSON AND LINDSEY BEER JOIN “TRANSFORMERS” WRITERS ROOM LED BY AKIVA GOLDSMAN

http://www.tracking-board.com/christina-hodson-and-lindsey-beer-join-transformers-writers-room-led-by-akiva-goldsman/

Christina Hodson and Lindsey Beer have joined the expanding writers room for the expanded TRANSFORMERS cinematic universe. Back in March, it was announced that Oscar winning writer Akiva Goldsman was chosen by Paramount to organize a writers room with the team working on the Transformers franchise. Goldsman will oversee meetings with Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg and Lorenzo di Bonaventura, where future plans will be discussed. The studio is reportedly looking for different directions for the series, and are interested in spin-off films that would expand the universe. Hodson and Beer will join Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, Art Marcum & Matt Holloway, Zak Penn and Jeff Pinkner on the new team. Given the success of the expanded Marvel universe, the studio is looking to take the Hasbro property in the same direction.

The TF saga does need to do something. It's domestic take is on that Spider-man trajectory where many pointed out a crash is coming. 

Paramount needs it's FFurious 4 moment or by 2020 or before we'll all be hearing about hard reboot. 

Edited by Captain Craig