Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

6 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:

I dunno, I don't see Nolanites/Jacksonites/Whedonites/whoever claiming they're respected because RandomFamousDirector "loves" him. 

Saying that some of the most talented and respected directors of our time know a bit much more about filmmaking than random dude number 457 on a forum is such an extraordinary  claim ?

Watching Bay movies I can understand Bay has a virtuosity, creativity & skills that are unique to him ?

Is that such a stretch to imagine that these directors, who know first hand how complex & difficult Bay movies are to do, can at least respect his talent without even necesseraly love him or his films ?

I know, crazy talk.

54 minutes ago, Nutella of Arabia said:
15 hours ago, vc2002 said:
On 2016年11月18日 at 2:24 AM, Nutella of Arabia said:

I think the Bay fandom is unique in somehow demanding respect by trying to use famous names as legitimacy.

Which is basically what every fandom does.

I dunno, I don't see Nolanites/Jacksonites/Whedonites/whoever claiming they're respected because RandomFamousDirector "loves" him. 

It's one of the many methods that every fandom does more or less. But I would say that defending Bay requires much more usage of that method since IMDB, RT and a bunch of other things aint in his favor.

It's internet flame wars. It's serious business.:P

• Like 1

When Bay hits, he's a lot of fun to watch on a genuinely enjoyable level. See: The Rock, The Island, the first Transformers (which I've seen - no lie - a dozen times), and Pain & Gain.

The trouble is that although he's clearly invested in the technical side of Transformers (as evidenced by his work with IMAX 3D cameras), he doesn't appear to be in it on any other level.

• Like 3

Just now, robertman2 said:

Honestly, Bay gets way too much shit. He's never made anything as bad as Sucker Punch or ID4R, yet critics act like he's Hitler.

He once made disparaging marks about Kate Beckinsale's looks while making Pearl Harbor. So of course he deserves a ton of shit.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

He once made disparaging marks about Kate Beckinsale's looks while making Pearl Harbor. So of course he deserves a ton of shit.

Maybe Bay is brutally honest.

Trust me, actresses hear tons of awful shit all the time from plenty of other people than directors, I am not saying this is ok, I am saying its common practice in an industry where looks are so important.

As a woman , you definitely  need a huge fucking thick skin to make it.

And what Kate Beckinsale went through is nothing compared to what Jean Luc Goddard used to do to aspitring 18yo actresses back in the 80's, ask Juliette Binoche about it, she sould tell the awful tales.

Bay barks at his team like a madman 24/7 on his sets with expletives yet they are all asking for more.

Weird, huh ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K1stpierre said:

OMG there's another TF film coming out??? I can't believe I'm just finding out about this.....Oh wait, nope that's not shocking, as I gave zero shit about the series since the first fucking film.

I think it takes "giving some shit" for someone to come to this thread to say you dont give a shit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Webslinger said:

When Bay hits, he's a lot of fun to watch on a genuinely enjoyable level. See: The Rock, The Island, the first Transformers (which I've seen - no lie - a dozen times), and Pain & Gain.

The trouble is that although he's clearly invested in the technical side of Transformers (as evidenced by his work with IMAX 3D cameras), he doesn't appear to be in it on any other level.

The Rock is a great movie.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Webslinger said:

I'm all about BB1/2, The Rock, Armageddon and TF1

The Island, P&G and TF3 are solid

The actual attack on Pearl Harbor is awesome in that movie. Not so much everything else. 

TF 2/4 are terrible! 

• Like 1