Neo

Transformers: The Last Knight | 6/21/2017 | Big Budget, Weak OW?

6 minutes ago, kowhite said:

He probably went straight to Hopkins cause...ha...Connery ain't doing this.  Might as well gun for Humphrey Bogart, about as likely.

I think Bay wanted Connery for the third Transformers film as Sentinel Prime but they cast Leonard Nimoy instead. 

1 minute ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

Who said I wished for it? :lol: 

The only thing stopping them are the respective estates, at this point. 

Estates can be swayed with money, if Laurence Olivier can be digitally recreated, i wouldn't rule out seeing a digital version of a deceased actor have a role in a film one day 

Edited by Jonwo

26 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Optimus Prime has been brutal murderer since the second movie with no moral compass at all. I know that's just a matter of bad writing but this ain't really a change.

Random plot devices ain't rare in this franchise.

51 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Estates can be swayed with money, if Laurence Olivier can be digitally recreated, i wouldn't rule out seeing a digital version of a deceased actor have a role in a film one day 

Heck Olivier did a lot of crappy movies at the end of his life, both for money and his for kids. Any actors can be persuading, unless they think they have enough, or aren't interested.

26 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

After seeing all the embarrassing things Bay has gotten John Turturro to do in these movies, I guess it does.

Basically, though I'm sure Turturro's being paid well.

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if Bay wanted Sean Connery but couldn't get him out of retirement so went for Hopkins 

Connery "didn't understand" Gandalf when he was offered it, apparently...but did understand The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen script...?

But yeah...he's as retired as can be...no one has been able to lure him back...him or Gene Hackman.

5 hours ago, AABATTERY said:

Of all the actors I expected to appear in a Transformers movie, Hopkins was definitely low on the list.

IIRC he's said that he enjoys doing these hammy paycheck roles so it probably didn't take too much persuading. Though I do wonder if he's read the script for this 200 times too, seems like that wouldn't be good for your mental health.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Christmas Baumer said:

Yep.  Looks good to me.

If Bee dies,.......I'll be pissed.  It'll be worse than Glenn dying on The Walking Dead.

Did you forget they announced a Bumblebee spin off. So he can't die.

• Like 1