Punishment

THG Catching Fire $25.25m Thursday Previews

I know everyone is upset right now, but at least CF has brilliant reception so far compared to DH1 (which was great but mixed reviews), and it's a full fledged sequel, not a part one preview movie. Right? 

Right?

Guys?

• Like 1

I know everyone is upset right now, but at least CF has brilliant reception so far compared to DH1 (which was great but mixed reviews), and it's a full fledged sequel, not a part one preview movie. Right? 

Right?

Guys?

Uhm, no.

• Like 1

Right?

Guys?

based on what I hear CF is a very continuity heavy film and has a cliff hanger ending. Not exactly the type of movie that would appeal to the non initiated 

• Like 1

Atm CF Playing more like DH1 then THG, but honesty anything can happen hours going forward

Once again folks, Rth DID NOT say CF was going to do DH1 numbers. Simply that the matinee numbers are "more like" DH1 than HG.

"More like" is not the same as "equal".

Saturation point was met by THG. That's what it means. Besides, most people consider the first book to be the best. And, honestly, THG didn't overwhelm me. It was a good adaption, but it didn't blow me away.

• Like 2

Saturation point was met by THG. That's what it means. Besides, most people consider the first book to be the best. And, honestly, THG didn't overwhelm me. It was a good adaption, but it didn't blow me away.

This.

based on what I hear CF is a very continuity heavy film and has a cliff hanger ending. Not exactly the type of movie that would appeal to the non initiated 

Yea, I was being somewhat sarcastic, though WOM I think is pretty damn good

Right?

Guys?

DH1's reviews were overall positive. 

But no...this is the end for Catching Fire. The end. 

Right?

Guys?

Yes but if CF declines from THG it means the series has peaked.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hunger-games-catching-fire-huge-659395

Box Office: 'Catching Fire' Huge, But Friday Matinees Pacing Behind First Film The big question is whether it can catch up as the weekend progresses and match the $152.5 million opening of the original movie, which debuted in March 2012.

Lionsgate's sequel The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is off to a strong start at the North American box office, although much of Hollywood is confounded over the fact that Friday matinee grosses are trailing behind the first film.