Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

Well, I'm bailing for a while.  I expect this thread to be at 100 pages when RTH comes in and says:

Fri looking loke:  CF:  59-62  DM:  2.9-3.1 TTDW: 4-4.2 TBMH: 4-4.1

• Like 5

So just one thought:Are schools and colleges already on holiday or do they start on monday?

If they do, and HG1 opened over springbreak, maybe early numbers are not that compareable.

Remember Nikkis "Not a record" when "The Avengers" opened...

And as the Hunger Games Series has a broader appeal than "Twilight", maybe many families will come to cinemas over the holidays.

Sellouts continue to look very strong in the DC Metropolitan area.  I didn't manage to do a count today, but the showtimes were at an all time high, so I didn't think I'd be able to keep up, but at glance this is probably the strongest for sellouts I've seen in recent years for a Friday night.  I guess we're just not very indicative for this film.  

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 3

So just one thought:Are schools and colleges already on holiday or do they start on monday?

If they do, and HG1 opened over springbreak, maybe early numbers are not that compareable.

Remember Nikkis "Not a record" when "The Avengers" opened...

And as the Hunger Games Series has a broader appeal than "Twilight", maybe many families will come to cinemas over the holidays.

Everything you just said there is negated by the fact that this is a sequel.

Sellouts continue to look very strong in the DC Metropolitan area.  I didn't manage to do a count today, but the showtimes were at an all time high, so I didn't bother to do an actual count, but at glance this is probably the strongest for sellouts I've seen in recent years for a Friday night.  I guess we're just not very indicative for this film.  

There's your good news, aDIM.

There's your good news, aDIM.

I don't know if I'd call that good news.  But I'm positive in claiming that Friday sellouts look better relative to expectations than last night's sellouts, at least here.  That's still only one major center though, hardly indicative of the nation as a whole.