Dementeleus

Nov 22-24 #s CF: $158,074,286 actual | Dark Knight triumphant after all

3 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk 1/4 cup butter 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)DirectionsPlace chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter or margarine in large microwaveable bowl. Zap in microwave on medium until chips are melted, about 3-5 minute, stirring once or twice during cooking. Stir in nuts, if desired.Pour into well-greased 8x8-inch glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.

• Like 1

So logically speaking what is the difference between a 69m weekend and 70m weekend?

It's all psychological.

You yell barracuda, everybody says, hunh, what?  You yell shark, we've got a panic on our hands on the 4th of July.

• Like 5

I'd even say MOST people here had it opening north of 170 mill.  So that's why there's meltdowns.  Not because the opening is bad, but because people here are very unrealistic.

I meant just for opening day people were off by at least $5m and some were off by a lot more. Some loonies joined the $90m+ club, meaning they're off by $20m just on opening day. It's a disaster compared to the typical predictions on here, but still a very profitable movie.

And now we're pretending like that is a great accomplishment to get close to HG opening. It was expected to destroy it by $15-20M!

It's a fantastic number.  Just because a bunch of HUMAN BEINGS make outlandish predictions for it that goes against history and precedent, doesn't mean it's going to happen.  Think about what a 70 million opening day is.  

• Like 2

And now we're pretending like that is a great accomplishment to get close to HG opening. It was expected to destroy it by $15-20M!

All part of the forum fun. I can't remember a big opening in which expectations didn't fluctuate from hour to hour. Someone should make a meltdown vs relief graph for each blockbuster OW.

10M better than early guesses! Take that flopperers!! I smell some surprises left for the rest of the weekend. 150M almost guaranteed and 160M isn't out of the question. Given the last minute walk-ups and WOM strength, Saturday and Sunday could be very solid.

I'd even say MOST people here had it opening north of 170 mill.  So that's why there's meltdowns.  Not because the opening is bad, but because people here are very unrealistic.

Well let me say this. There was a lot at stake for this OW. So it's not just a case of over prediction. Tracking was off as well. Fans were expecting box office records to be broken.

1. TDKR 2d

2. Potter's OD

3. IM3 OW

4. 2013

And there could be more that I'm forgetting.  To think that it may not even match or out gross the OW of the first movie is devastating.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1