32 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Great movie and easily one top films of 2007. It such a shame that this ignored at the Oscars.  I need to watch this again. I love how the film gives you more than one suspect it adds to the mystery on who was the Zodiac. A lot of suspects were looked but nobody ever was convicted for the crimes. The performances in this movie are golden. Shame nobody in the film got nominated for an Oscar.

9/10

• Like 1

A great and unfortunately overlooked movie. Like the best of Fincher's work, it's remarkably atmospheric, superbly acted, and absolutely meticulous in detail. Hopefully his recent string of successes will encourage viewers to have a look back at this one.

A

• Like 3

All in all, a wonderful thriller. I love the use of "Hurdy Gury Man" and "Easy to be Hard" in this movie. Best line: "After I kill you, I'm going to throw your baby out the car."

The Zodiac Killer actually uttered that line to the real-life counterpart of that mom character, Kathleen Johns, before she managed to jump out of the moving car with her baby and escape. Fun Fact: Ione Skye, the actress who played Johns in Zodiac, is the daughter of Donovan, who wrote and sang "Hurdy Gurdy Man".

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

"I'm not the Zodiac, and if I was I wouldn't tell you."Perhaps the most important line in the whole film. This in fact may be the most important scene in the film. The initial questioning ends up being in many ways the closest we ever get to seeing the Zodiac killer (or so we want to think) up close and in person. This scenes marks the send-off into the labyrinth of twists and turns that was this case. What I love about this film is that it uses the story of the Zodiac killer to bring out the two aspects I love most about this film: the musings regarding both the media and obsession in general.I'll start with the media aspect first as I feel that leads directly into the obsessions. There is so much interesting stuff to be had here. In particular I felt the film showed how the media can create facts in the minds of people. It can direct the path of where a story goes whether such path is warranted or not. In a way the Zodiac killer himself is a bi-product of the media. So much is ultimately unknown and yet the media had no problem jumping to conclusion after conclusion. On the obsession realm the film shows how the Zodiac affected not only his victims but rather the lives of everyone out to get him. There are avenues explored to no end over and over only to come up empty. It is quite frankly a brutal cycle in which there is no escape.The way the film tracks the timeline is brilliant in bringing out the obsessive nature on display. It is in fact quite disorienting with all the constant time lapses and jumps. It makes one realize just how easily it is to get wrapped up in it all. The film ends almost 160 minutes in and as a viewer you are not ready to give in just yet. The obsession has indeed seeped into your being as well.What a great ending scene. The guy picks Leigh out of a line-up and says he's an "8" regarding his confidence level. As much we hate to admit it, that level of doubt remains. We still aren't completely sure. And then the filim ends........brilliant.A delirious trip into the mind of a serial killer and the inevitable collateral damage left in his wake.

Edited by mattmav45

One of the finest thrillers ever made. The way that Fincher captures the time period, the atmosphere and cinematography, how he slowly builds the suspense and the way he ratchets up the tension when the killer is about to strike. Add to that a fascinating story (being made all the more interesting considering the fact that the killer was never caught) and great acting, and you got yourself a masterpiece.

A+

it starts interesting, gets very messy and confusing and then really good again. Some parts of it feels like of the best things Fincher has ever done. 70/100 

Gone Girl 95/100

Seven 90/100

Alien 3 85/100

The Game 75/100

Benjamin Button 75/100

Zodiac 70/100

Panic Room 70/100

Social Network 60/100

Fight Club 35/100

didn't see GWTDT and I probably need to see Button, TSN and Alien 3 again

Edited by Goffe Ascending