iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

She's *A* lead, but Leonardo DiCaprio had top billing, while Jennifer Lawrence has top billing in Catching Fire. 

She's the lead! Has many more screen time than Leo! It appears first and last, she tells the story! The movie tries to tell her love story, her learnings aboard the Titanic!

Jack's existance only matters when related to Rose. Look at the supporting characters and who are related to.

• Like 1

BOM projects 95M for 5 days!

With a 22 million Wednesday, and unless something strange happens, I would say over 100 million 5-day is locked. It could be close to 110 (22+16+29+28+14=109). So, 295 by Sunday. 400 million run is back and probably done. Congrats to Katniss fans.

It could follow that somewhat conservative pattern.

22M

14M (-35%)

28M (100%)

25M (-10%)

13M (-48%)

102M 5day - 66M 3day

DOM in 10 days - 288M

That makes funnier to think about people's meltdown when first Friday numbers arrived.

• Like 2

Just wanna say I told everyone melting down on Friday that CF still had a shot to beat THG. I said it then and I'll say it again, the THG franchise is not Twilight or Potter. It has a significant adult only following that's not gonna rush out to see it on OW. But as we're seeing now, doesn't mean they weren't gonna see it at all. This is a franchise with huge OWs and sexy legs. IM3 is going down. 

Also strong start for Frozen, and another hit for WDA it looks like. Tangled had a 12m Wednesday OD, so even if legs aren't as good as that 200m still seems like a safe bet for Frozen.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 5