iceroll

Wednesday Numbers: Catching Fire 20.7m, Frozen 15.2m, Thor 2.3m (yay) Smashing like a Wrecking Ball!

Perhaps we should all start giving RTH compliments, maybe then he'll enlighten us.

I'll start.  RTH, you are a benevolent God, we are but puny subjects in your midst.  Please enlighten us with your wisdom.

See, RTH, the almighty and powerful, liked this post.  Get on your knees bitches and tell him how great he is.  

There's a Thanksgiving NFL game every year though.  But still F NFL for reducing box office numbers :P

The night game on Thanksgiving only goes back to 2006 and stores have only in the past few years started holding Black Friday sales on Thursday night, so you have men and women who might have gone to the movies in the evening, watching football or shopping instead. It definitely has an impact on the box office. If you look back at 2001 or so, you'll see movies actually increasing on Thanksgiving Day, which pretty much never happens now.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 1

I wonder how much the third NFL game hurt things.

Same, but Black Friday too. Thats everyones concern, and a lot of people dont even leave there houses because they don't want to have to deal with the traffic. And past years arent really comparable because stores keep opening earlier and eariler, and I doubt people are dropping hundreds on electronics then shelling out for movie tickets today. I live in "small" town, but if I go out, it'll take me 15 minutes to go 1/2 a mile tonight. Just not worth it today at least. I think BF will start having a more noticeable effect in the years to come.

Edited by Jandrew

Little Willie, counting money and dressed in sashesFell in the fire and burned 15million to ashesAt 12 degrees celcius , the room grew chilly,But no one cared to poke poor Willie.

I love this guy
  • Like 1