(500) Days of Summer

20 members have voted

1. 1. (500) Days of Summer

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I love love love this film. JGL was fantastic. He's a very subtle actor but I could feel his pain and frustration throughout.The story was pretty thought provoking for a relationship film. The question is if someone tells you you're not the one but their actions sometimes conflict with what they say, how are you supposed to feel? He was unmistakably in love with her, no doubt. She gave out mixed messages. Usually it's the female who winds up in this situation and not the other way around. And the girl didn't magically see the light at the end and wind up with him. My only criticism was the very last scene. Not sure how I feel about it. I think the film would have been just fine without it. However, I do know what they were going for there.A

• Like 1

I love love love this film. JGL was fantastic. He's a very subtle actor but I could feel his pain and frustration throughout.The story was pretty thought provoking for a relationship film. The question is if someone tells you you're not the one but their actions sometimes conflict with what they say, how are you supposed to feel? He was unmistakably in love with her, no doubt. She gave out mixed messages. Usually it's the female who winds up in this situation and not the other way around.And the girl didn't magically see the light at the end and wind up with him.My only criticism was the very last scene. Not sure how I feel about it. I think the film would have been just fine without it. However, I do know what they were going for there.A

That's my favorite part in the whole movie, the look on his face was priceless! I loved this movie, it was fun and totally lol at times.
  • Like 2

A really good romantic comedy, which is pretty rare these days. Jospeh Gorden-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel were great. Their relationship was pretty believable, I related to this in some ways. There are some really funny moments in it too. The screenplay was excellent.

A-

Love love love this movie. Such a good movie just to have on while you're doing everyday things as just about any part is good. I especially love the out of nowhere dance sequence and party expectation vs reality at the party. One of my absolute favorites from the past few years.A

9.7/10God I loved everything about this movie. Zooey and JGL remind me of some of my friends and were very relateable in this movie. This is a unique way to tell a love story and one of the best i've ever seen. Seriously love this movie so much.

Edited by NolanVE

Arguably my second favorite movie of 2009, after Inglourious Basterds.  (Though 2009 was a bad year quality wise, only other movies that stick out off the top of my head were Star Trek, Up in the Air, Watchmen and I guess Up).

• Like 1

It's great because it's much more faceted than you realize. The film first seems like Summer is a bitch, but on additional rewatches and reflection, you realize they're both at fault through a funny but very heartfelt and serious romantic movie. It just kinda feels like a super-stylized life story, one where you can really empathize with both character even IF the film is told from Tom's perspective. I hope Webb gets back to making these types of movies. A+

• Like 1