filmnerdjamie

Monday #s (12/16) DOS 6.2

Domestic Box Office Record Follows Previously Announced Global and International Highs

BURBANK, Calif. - December 16, 2013 - On Saturday, December 14, The Walt Disney Studios reached a new all-time high at the domestic box office, breaking the company's previous record of $1.547 billion set in 2012. The accomplishment makes 2013 a landmark year for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, which has already surpassed all previous years at both the international and global box office. 

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-12-16-walt-disney-studios-announces-record-setting-year

Banner year continues for Disney. I shudder to think what 2015 will bring in TA:AoU, SW7, FD, Ant-man and etc. 

• Like 3

I feel bad for JC, man. His ego really got the better of him back when he was big in the early '90s.

JCVD:

They offered me a three-picture deal. 36 million dollars. 12 million per picture. But I said, 'I want twenty, twenty, twenty like Jim Carrey'... And they hang up on me. I totally fucked up. I was on the blacklist for years...

:(

Box Office does matter on many aspects such as  what kind of movies get sequels and which directors studios will put faith on etc.

In this case, the third part is already made and Tolkien family will not sell the rights for more books, so there is no problem with that.

Said this, in spite of the disappointing run in US, it is still going to make more money than most movies this year, fighting against DM2 for #2 WW. Disappointing? Sure. Failure? Not even close. This will be the first trilogy ever earning 3 billion in box office and people will still claim that it is a "floppit". Many "cool" and "fresh" franchises still dream to make what this flop is doing around the world.

• Like 4

Domestic Box Office Record Follows Previously Announced Global and International Highs

BURBANK, Calif. - December 16, 2013 - On Saturday, December 14, The Walt Disney Studios reached a new all-time high at the domestic box office, breaking the company's previous record of $1.547 billion set in 2012. The accomplishment makes 2013 a landmark year for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, which has already surpassed all previous years at both the international and global box office. 

http://www.boxoffice.com/latest-news/2013-12-16-walt-disney-studios-announces-record-setting-year

Banner year continues for Disney. I shudder to think what 2015 will bring in TA:AoU, SW7, FD, Ant-man and etc. 

Disney rocks in the US!

I feel bad for JC, man. His ego really got the better of him back when he was big in the early '90s.

JCVD:

They offered me a three-picture deal. 36 million dollars. 12 million per picture. But I said, 'I want twenty, twenty, twenty like Jim Carrey'... And they hang up on me. I totally fucked up. I was on the blacklist for years...

?

I wasnt as paranoid about it as adam was but if holds dont getvbetter wb will defintly set a runtime cap on the 3rd film there is a reason we never got a 3 hourr harry potter film

Precisely DOS is the shorter LOTR movie. 150 minutes without credits.

• Like 1

In this case, the third part is already made and Tolkien family will not sell the rights for more books, so there is no problem with that.Said this, in spite of the disappointing run in US, it is still going to make more money than most movies this year, fighting against DM2 for #2 WW. Disappointing? Sure. Failure? Not even close. This will be the first trilogy ever earning 3 billion in box office and people will still claim that it is a "floppit". Many "cool" and "fresh" franchises still dream to make what this flop is doing around the world.

This is true. I'm not a fan of the franchise, nor a hater. I'm just indifferent towards it in general. But you really can't deny the success it has BO-wise around the world.
  • Like 1

uggg, what a terrible number.

I really enjoyed the movie - seeing these numbers are utterly ruining the experience for me. It actually physically hurts me seeing it performing like this, to the point where I need to get out my anti-depressant meds to cope.

Is there something wrong with me, in that I am one of only a few who enjoyed the movie and most everyone else think it is an abomination? What am I failing to see?

:(  :( :(  :(  :(

Edited by kalongbat

I wasnt as paranoid about it as adam was but if holds dont getvbetter wb will defintly set a runtime cap on the 3rd film there is a reason we never got a 3 hourr harry potter film

it will be a disaster if TABA is short

with Smaug, Dol Guldur, Arkenstone, politics, returning home, tieing with LOTR AND Bo5a all ina 2 hour movie  :blink:

it will be even more rushed than DoS

I really enjoyed the movie - seeing these numbers are utterly ruining the experience for me. It actually physically hurts me seeing it performing like this, to the point where I need to get out my anti-depressant meds to cope.

Is there something wrong with me, in that I am one of only a few who enjoyed the movie and most everyone else think it is an abomination? What am I failing to see?

kalongbat, dont worry too much about it :huglove:

There are a lot of ppl who enjoyed the film

even on this forum the haters may be loud but there are supporters as well. You're not alone! 

Middle earth is real :lol: Ringers will face it all together!

Posted Image

Edited by Leyla
  • Like 1

it will be a disaster if TABA is short

with Smaug, Dol Guldur, Arkenstone, politics, returning home, tieing with LOTR AND Bo5a all ina 2 hour movie  :blink:

it will be even more rushed than DoS

Agreed.  There is a ton of ground to cover in the last movie.  

uggg, what a terrible number.I really enjoyed the movie - seeing these numbers are utterly ruining the experience for me. It actually physically hurts me seeing it performing like this, to the point where I need to get out my anti-depressant meds to cope.Is there something wrong with me, in that I am one of only a few who enjoyed the movie and most everyone else think it is an abomination? What am I failing to see? :(:( :( :(:(

Whoa, calm down. Nothing's wrong with you. Don't think like that. People just have different tastes. Besides, many of your fellow fans here enjoy the movie as well.And BO numbers are just that, numbers. There's absolutely no reasons to get depressed about it. You love the movie, that's all that matters.
  • Like 2

Of course there's something wrong with you. You're suffering from intense fanboyism. 

That's ok, though. I was on suicide watch after HBP's opening weekend.

• Like 4

You need to get a life...?

EDIT: Sorry. That was uncalled for. If you really do feel that way, I'd advise you to seek help though. Just talking to someone and getting it off your chest can work wonders.

Edited by The Stingray