filmnerdjamie

Monday #s (12/16) DOS 6.2

uggg, what a terrible number.

I really enjoyed the movie - seeing these numbers are utterly ruining the experience for me. It actually physically hurts me seeing it performing like this, to the point where I need to get out my anti-depressant meds to cope.

Is there something wrong with me, in that I am one of only a few who enjoyed the movie and most everyone else think it is an abomination? What am I failing to see?

:(  :( :(  :(  :(

That is both false and wildly melodramatic. Calm your tits. 

Edited by Merry Xmas From JackNevada
  • Like 1

It's not a good number and there's no way to spin it. I haven't seen the movie yet, but among people that didn't like AUJ, reception doesn't seem too much better. It simply seems better among those who enjoyed but didn't love the first. Even if it is, across all people, better received, it's facing much stiffer competition. First one faced two 120+ movies. This one faces four potential 120+ films, IMO. Wolf/Hustle combined should do very near to Django/Les Mis, and with Saving Mr. Banks added in there, it'll face a trio tougher than that duo easily. Mitty/Ronin/Grudge Match should do very close to the TI40/Reacher/PG combo, as well. And Frozen is much, much stiffer family competition as a holdover than anything from last year. And then you add in Anchorman 2, a potential 150+ bemoth? It's gonna be rough sledding for the Hobbit, like it or not.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

Oh man, Terence Howard is way worse than I remembered in Iron Man. I'm glad they dumped his ass. 

Wait... what? He was awesome  :mellow: Don Cheadle is good, but I would have loved to see Terrence carry on with the role.

• Like 3

Oh man, Terence Howard is way worse than I remembered in Iron Man. I'm glad they dumped his ass.

Yup, the guy played an Air Force Colonel like he's playing a hipster. I didn't buy him in the role at all. Some people say he has good chemistry with RDJ, but I see that Don Cheadle did just as well (if not better IMO) in that department.

Wait... what? He was awesome  :mellow: Don Cheadle is good, but I would have loved to see Terrence carry on with the role.

Nah, I think he's just sleepwalking through this thing. Don Cheadle has been a huge improvement over Howard.

Bridges gets too much shit, btw. 

More schools are probably on this week, I guess. That's probably the best reason I can think of for the drop.

The same amount of schools were on the same day last year for AUJ, and it dropped harder than the first. Hell, more schools had snow days this year, too, if I was a gambling man.

Nah, I think he's just sleepwalking through this thing. Don Cheadle has been a huge improvement over Howard.

Bridges gets too much shit, btw. 

Bridges was good. Probably the 2nd best villain of the Avengers franchise behind Loki.

Terrence add an incredible chemistry with Downey. It is a shame he was dumped, IMO.

• Like 1

In line with $5.00 in change to see Hobbit. If i still hate it by the time they meet riverboat dragon killer dude Im leaving and ill see Homefront again.

• Like 3