baumer

Thurs #s AM2 5.1, DOS 5.0/Don't act like you're not impressed

Astounding number for Frozen, that is a really good number to launch it off to a great weekend. With that kind of jump on Thursday I'm beginning to think it could do 20 million for the weekend. I know I'll be adding another $9 for a matinee show on Saturday. :D

I just wish that the powers that be wouldn't have moved ANCHORMAN 2 to Wednesday instead of Friday.. Slowly but surely, were entering a world now where the blockbuster movie is no longer released on Friday anymore, but Wednesday instead.. If it's not broken, don't fix it.. One thing I do hope is that we never ever seen an ANCHORMAN 3.. Just leave it at 2 which is what I bet Hollywood wished they would've done with the HANGOVER movies..

I bet you they don't regret those 3 movies for a second. 1.3 billion dollars from just box office receipts from the franchise, not including home video sales, rentals, and tv profits... yeah, I'm sure they go to sleep fine with their decision to milk the franchise. 

I was wrong about Anchormnan 2. I thought it was mostly internet hype among us cinephiles, but it seems to be translating into the masses a bit more than originally thought. I thought this was going to stall out around 105 - 125 million, but seems this can definitely go higher. Good for it. Loved the first one. 

• Like 2

RTH gave us an update and the numbers are good. 

Anchorman 2 did 5.1 which is a 37% drop but more importantly if you take the previews out, it represents a 17% drop.  That's a great hold and imo it will have a really good weekend.

DOS is at 5

Frozen 2.2

That's a great jump for Frozen!

Mighty impressive jump for Frozen. It's up 23% from yesterday and up 28.5% weekly. 20M is definitely on the cards for the weekend which pretty much locks 300M domestic.  :)

• Like 1