CaptainJackSparrow

Dark Knight Rises VS Iron Man 3....ugh

Dark Knight Rises or IM3  

65 members have voted

1. 1. DKR or IM3

• DKR
    • IM3

But why does it have to be dark? It's clear now that Marvel are giving us light toned comic book movies and as it looks DC are taking the gritty approach. I like that, it means we have some diversity. We don't want all comic book movies being completely serious in tone, after all light hearted fun is what most superhero movies should be. If they made all comic book movies serious we would be sitting here 10 years from now saying "they don't make comic book movies how they used to." We've already lost the good old fashioned action movies now that everything has been Jason Bourneafide, let's not change comic book movies too.

who said it has to be dark? I would prefer a better balance thought between humor and drama and for the humor to be better placed. Spider-Man 2 is a good example of such a film. Iron Man 1 and The Avengers are also good examples

At Christmas today my 3 cousins and me all expressed our disliking for Iron Man 3. Best Christmas ever?

Iron man 3 was on Christmas day and me and my friend whilst watching were discussing how smart, funny it was. I would say it's underrated, but we all know the GA love it.
  • Like 3

Funny thing as we gathered over the holidays how we said IM3 could be better but there was universal agreement MOS was a huge letdown..

Indeed it was and a perfect example how DC comic book films sometimes take themselves way to seriously. 

Even some dark Humour would have helped the film a lot. 

About IM3 I think there is no doubt it is not special but its an improvement over Im2 for sure.

I think IM3 gets hated on more because it liked made so much money and destroyed the overseas and WW box office this year. 

As I said do TDKR vs TA...

I think the only place TDKR would win is on the internet, GA loved TA way more. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Can these VS threads be summed as "which movie would you choose to see, if you are given one free ticket to see either of them." Cause in that way, TDKR will be > three Ironman films together, as I would rather watch TDKR instead of 3 Ironman films. (and I thought TDKR was pretty dumb in the first place.)

Or did I just provide a way to fuel the flame war even higher. :P

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Really Squaremaster?? You think that would honestly be a more interesting Poll knowing that 99% of the time, You're all gonna vote for BATMAN every time anyway, even if it doesn't deserve it and mostly cause like KJ, this is a Pro-Nolan website??? Not to mention the fact that all Polls like this end with the same result with neither side agreeing with one another and just spewing the same shit over and over just to keep this dumb topic alive..

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

You're all gonna vote for BATMAN every time anyway, even if it doesn't deserve it

And in what universe does Marvel's pathetic little watered-down Robocop trio deserve to come out on top, because it sure doesn't seem like that 99% agrees with you on ANY board, KJ, BO, or otherwise.

The Dark Knight Trilogy has more critical acclaim than IM, seeing as how the general consensus is that IM1 is the only film out of the trio that anyone considers in the same ballpark as any installment of Nolan's trilogy.

It's also the highest award winning CBM trilogy of all time and the only one to have TWO Oscars on it shelf,

Posted Image

ONE IN A MAJOR CATEGORY.

Hell, Iron Man doesn't even win at the box office (your favorite category for quality) when the trilogies are compared:

TDKT: $2,458,900,000

IMT: $2,425,500,000

I won't even bother with Home video sales as that just increases the gap in TDKT's favor even further.

So there you have it, Nolan's trilogy has more fans, more critical acclaim, more prestigious awards and more money.  There is simply no way, shape or form to cut those facts in favor of Iron Man, The Dark Knight Trilogy simply outclasses it in every measurable capacity.

And if you're not going to accept the overwhelming facts (your words), then why do you even bother spamming these boards with statements of ("most critics concur" and "better at the box office")?  You can shout from the rooftops "ME LIKEY IRON MAN BETTER!", but you can't justifiably call it a better trilogy based on ANY measurable facet.

Either reviews, awards and box office are proof of a film's quality or they aren't.  Face it, your opinions on Iron Man, Marvel, Nolan, etc. are just that, your opinions and nothing more, ones that are not shared by the majority.

Posted Image

Edited by Squaremaster316
  • Like 4

And in what universe does Marvel's pathetic little watered-down Robocop trio deserve to come out on top, because it sure doesn't seem like that 99% agrees with you on ANY board, KJ, BO, or otherwise.

The Dark Knight Trilogy has more critical acclaim than IM, seeing as how the general consensus is that IM1 is the only film out of the trio that anyone considers in the same ballpark as any installment of Nolan's trilogy.

It's also the highest award winning CBM trilogy of all time and the only one to have TWO Oscars on it shelf,

Posted Image

ONE IN A MAJOR CATEGORY.

Hell, Iron Man doesn't even win at the box office (your favorite category for quality) when the trilogies are compared:

TDKT: $2,458,900,000

IMT: $2,425,500,000

I won't even bother with Home video sales as that just increases the gap in TDKT's favor even further.

So there you have it, Nolan's trilogy has more fans, more critical acclaim, more prestigious awards and more money.  There is simply no way, shape or form to cut those facts in favor of Iron Man, The Dark Knight Trilogy simply outclasses it in every measurable capacity.

And if you're not going to accept the overwhelming facts (your words), then why do you even bother spamming these boards with statements of ("overrated" and "unworthy of its box office")?  You can shout from the rooftops "ME LIKEY IRON MAN BETTER!", but you can't justifiably call it a better trilogy based on ANY measurable facet.

Either reviews, awards and box office are proof of a film's quality or they aren't.  Face it, your opinions on Iron Man, Marvel, Nolan, etc. are just that, your opinions and nothing more, ones that are not shared by the majority.

Posted Image

Look we know TDK Trilogy is a great trilogy but please don't use Oscars as a reason why one movie is better than another. If we used that rule then The Artist would be considered better than all of Nolan's Batman movies and Iron Man movies combined.

Also as awesome e as Heath Ledger was, let's not act like he would have won that Oscar had he not died, even if he did deserve it.

• Like 1