lilmac

Tuesday numbers (12/24) - DOS - 5.25, FRZ - 4.78, AH - 2.9, AM2 - 2.8, SMB - 1.92

I lot of people wonder why Christmas is a pretty big day for movies. It comes down to probably two reasons. One most people are on holiday and two most places are closed leaving cinemas to be one of few available options. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

I lot of people wonder why Christmas is a pretty big day for movies. It comes down to probably two reasons. One most people are on holiday and two most places are closed leaving cinemas to be one of few available options. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree.  I think it also comes down to people needing something to do on Christmas Day.  Once you open presents, eat your lunch or dinner and watch a bit of tv, you want to get away from everyone lol.  Movies are a great way to do it.

• Like 1

ok for DoS I guess

5 would have been better. hopefully increases better than TTT tomorrow

go Smaugy!

Cant wait for you to see Dos  E!

Hopefully Australia significantly contributes to its OS gross :)

(off to read some Tau/Lego fics ;) )

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 3

Alvin and the Chipmunks increased on Christmas Day in 2007 (a Tuesday), so it may be possible that Frozen increases as well.  I'm gonna call it and say that Frozen has a slight increase today as well.

One kid is up, just waiting for the second to get up to start the festivities :)

Merry Christmas!

• Like 4

Dont worry Frozen fans! Treasure Planet and The Wild Thornberrys had 133% and 146% increases on Thursday after falling sharply on Wednesday christmas. 

But baumer is right, its not increasing today.

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

We'll see. Frozen has already shocked the world so many other times that I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T shock us again today. I'm still predicting $10 million+ for Christmas Day.

Well, I think you'll be wrong.  :)

• Like 2

We'll see. Frozen has already shocked the world so many other times that I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T shock us again today. I'm still predicting $10 million+ for Christmas Day.

lovely icon  :wub:

Loved Tangled so much better then Frozen

Is it a good # for Banks??

Edited by Tauriel

I was expecting 40%+ drops for both so this is a pleasant surprise. I'm guessing discount Tuesday played a helping hand. I'll go ahead and point out that if that AH only dropped 23% compared to everything else dropping over 35%. Really good sign there.

I don't think Frozen will fall as much as Treasure Planet. I'm thinking more of a 20-30% fall for today and then a huge spike for the 26th.

I was expecting 40%+ drops for both so this is a pleasant surprise. I'm guessing discount Tuesday played a helping hand. I'll go ahead and point out that if that AH only dropped 23% compared to everything else dropping over 35%. Really good sign there.

I don't think Frozen will fall as much as Treasure Planet. I'm thinking more of a 20-30% fall for today and then a huge spike for the 26th.

Me... 5% INCREASE ($5-5.3 million) with a 135% increase on the 26th  :)

Frozen has nostalgic adults and teenage girls (you'd be surprised how many of them LOVE Disney princess movies) on its side. Little kids aren't the only audience for this! 

Walking With Dinos is gonna plummet today! Not the 4-quadrant FAMILY movie. Plus, I'm calling #1 for the rest of the year for Frozen after today 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

Congrats to Frozen,it passed Tangled's 200.8M+. It's within 13M+ of Aladdin for 2nd biggest WDAS movie ever in it's original run. I'm truly loss for words. Lead over Tangled is up to 71.6M and that's only going to balloon over the next 2 weeks as it's making more than twice as much. I would love for it to dethrone DM2, not only would it be highest of the year than but also highest original animation over FN (339M+). :shades:

• Like 4

Frozen has a lot more adult appeal than TP or SC2 from 2002. I think it has a slight increase today followed by a massive spike on the 26th which will put it number 1 for the DEC 26th and rest of the holidays. 

• Like 2