fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

Today is beautiful.  Wolf starts at 11 and Grudge Match at 2.  There's my day planned out today.

For a sec i thought you were talking about start gross :PGrudge match 2 mill :P

that Frozen number is actually very good if it holds. Wasn't everybody insisting it will drop?

Not me. I expected a good increase. And i have proof :) Edited by fmproHoHoo

I think Smaug will win by a million or two.But Frozen will do huge buissness too

DOS could very well win but if Frozen gets a 80-85% jump, most of the kid movies from 02 got well over 100% than all bets are off. They would be around 10.5-11M heading into Friday where they both could win the weekend. I don't see WOWS winning with only a 9M start so it'll comedown to Frozen/DOS for weekend win. 

that Frozen number is actually very good if it holds. Wasn't everybody insisting it will drop? 

No, I certainly wasn't. Jump as expected was muted, it'll have the best jump out of the openers/holdovers today.

THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG took in an estimated $9.32M on Wednesday. Domestic total now stands at $149.94M.

Wow, that's actually great for DOS. It should increase this weekend to about 34-35M. 

DOS could very well win but if Frozen gets a 80-85% jump, most of the kid movies from 02 got well over 100% than all bets are off. They would be around 10.5-11M heading into Friday where they both could win the weekend. I don't see WOWS winning with only a 9M start so it'll comedown to Frozen/DOS for weekend win.

Wolf dont have a chance agree. It should be close between Smaug and Frozen

The Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug   $9.3M to $9.4M  

The Wolf of Wall Street $9.1M 

Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues around $8M

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty  (B+ Cinemascore) dreamt up about $7.8M to $7.9M

American Hustle   $7.3 to $7.5M 

47 Ronin (also B+) may take $7M to $7.1M 

Frozen is still holding very strong adding another $6.2M to $6.4M,

Disney’s Saving Mr. Banks registered between $5.0M and $5.2M 

Grudge Match$3.9M to $4M.  

http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/christmas-day-hobbit-vs-wolf-anchorman-2-mitty-anchorman-2-and-47-ronin-follow/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If it follows TTT then Desolation of Smaug will land with a 36.74m weekend. Its also had better holds and increases every day then TTT so if the trend continues we are in for something really special. Cant fathom what Frozen could do this weekend.

• Like 1

6.35 for Frozen, awesome! Considering the majority was expecting a drop, with some siting precedence for a drop as much as 50%, a significant increase is beautiful to see.

If we have learned anything from the Frozen run by now is that trying to make comparisons to runs from other movies doesn't seem to work, Frozen does what Frozen wants and damn the trends of the past!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2