fmpro

Christmas Day numbers | Bilbo leads

Really?

I've been using a combo of TTT/AUJ percentages to ballpark daily grosses, and it's been reasonably accurate. Using those numbers, DOS reaches the low 240s by Jan 8. After that point, using AUJ's multiplier gets DOS to 275m. But DOS has also started to hold better than AUJ. We'll see if that continues after the holidays.

Edited by Telemachos

Wow I figured Christmas wouldve helped Madea a little more. The schtick seems to be wearing off and I guess MGTJ was his peak. Sweet numbers though. Lol at everyone who was shitting on Mitty just because, and there he is at #4. Turn your non-sensical hate at WWD.

Edited by Jandrew

Lol at everyone who was shitting on Mitty just because, and there he is at #4. Turn your non-sensical hate at WWD.

Mitty, like all Christmas openers, has hit its peak. It will finish sixth for the weekend, possibly seventh if SMB has a nice increase and Mitty has the expected decrease.

For those worried about Wolf's cinemascore, remember that Shutter Island received the same score and that had terrific legs. Even if people didn't like it, they were talking about it, which made people want to see it. Wolf is a bit of a different beast, but I imagine it will be a similar kind of scenario. I would like to see a distribution curve on that score. I would wage a bet that using the mean score © is not the best measure. Mode is probably better.

Edited by tarantino666
  • Like 3