kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Two weekends for T: TDW, two for THG: CF, two for TH: TDOS and now two for FROZEN. Would be great though if Smaug won the third time. Only GRAVITY won three straight weekends this year. Though THE BUTLER also had three non-consecutive ones (one was a 4-day weekend).

Edited by kayumanggi

I think I'm losing my ability to understand box office now.  Why will DOS have a better increase than Frozen today?  Why will it win the weekend?  I don't understand.  Shouldn't Frozen have a bigger Saturday than DOS?

Yeah that's what I'm wondering. Frozen should have a better Saturday increase because 1. It's been our for much lunger and 2. It's more of a family film and those tend to have bigger increases on Saturday. 

• Like 3

nice nice my precious! some increase at least

we shall overcome :wub:

#1 or not just get the money & GOLD

DoS haters gtfo!! :P

Posted Image

SMB is doing well too!

23 Jan cant come fast enough I NEED to see this asap!

lots of posters  in theaters I've been to

Even 'All is lost' has some big posters hanging!!

really great 2 months for me. Everything Oscar bait is going to be released finally! 

Edited by Tauriel

Two weekends for T: TDW, two for THG: CF, two for TH: TDOS and now two for FROZEN. Would be great though if Smaug won the third time. Only F&F Vl and GRAVITY won three straight weekends this year. Though THE BUTLER also had three non-consecutive ones (one was a 4-day weekend).

Fast and furious only got two weekends.

I think I'm losing my ability to understand box office now.  Why will DOS have a better increase than Frozen today?  Why will it win the weekend?  I don't understand.  Shouldn't Frozen have a bigger Saturday than DOS?

Probably because in many ways Friday (with all kids out of school) plays like a Saturday.  Though there should be a small increase, it wouldn't be huge like most Saturdays as most were out of school the day before anyway.  This would be one of the few weekends were a family films Saturday boost would be muted.

Things have changed.

The quality of films is pretty much blue ray quality.

You can just stream movies on to the new tv's or use a USB and such.

I will admit I watch a lot of the big films of 2013 I already seen that way. 

Same, I watched a leaked DOS last night, was probably going to see it at the cinema for a third time (already seen in IMAX and HFR 3D), but likely won't now. If a pirate comes out early like it has with DOS, I'd imagine some people who were going to go see it again, may just watch the DVD screener.

Yeah, usually animated films have bigger increases Saturday and lighter drops on sunday...

Probably because in many ways Friday (with all kids out of school) plays like a Saturday.  Though there should be a small increase, it wouldn't be huge like most Saturdays as most were out of school the day before anyway.  This would be one of the few weekends were a family films Saturday boost would be muted.

Sure, but wouldn't that apply to all films?