kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Variety doesn't follow the box office the way we do. And that is a prediction.  And it was made before the numbers came out for Friday.  

Edited by Christmas baumer
  • Like 1

There's one major flaw with your theory, the film had a massive 67m OW so it's safe to say that all those reports about story changes etc really had no effect on this gross. Hell I track movies more than 99% of the GA and I hadn't even heard anything about that.Welcome to the forums though :)

Thanks and here is a short time article on the issue http://entertainment.time.com/2013/10/14/do-animated-female-characters-need-to-be-pretty/ (i guess the issue was primarily discussed on feminist/animation sites/blogs)

I have to confess i dont have enough experience with box office predictions so this might be a misconception, but i have the feeling that the opening gross was in large parts due to a different demographic than what is currently giving it its legs. It was the only family movie at the time whereas catching fire was still a really strong competition for the older female demographic (part of which might also have been influenced by some negativity surrounding frozen... though yes i have to agree that that is just pure speculation on my part :) ).

Edited by chuck0
  • Like 1

So Anchorman looks like its doing just fine afterall. Itll be atvabout 100 by next weekend.

Yes, it should finish around 140M with outside shot at 150M. All of the doom and gloom for nothing. It's going to increase near 65% from original and OS it's going to be much bigger as well. 

• Like 3

Frozen :D

But some numbers here...  :puke: 47 Ronin bombing like a boss, Grudge Match huge disappointment, American Hustle already over Wolf of Wall Street in dailies. Hobbit 2 and Anchorman 2 decreasing from Thursday. What the fuck is going on...

Frozen :D

But some numbers here...  :puke: 47 Ronin bombing like a boss, Grudge Match huge disappointment, American Hustle already over Wolf of Wall Street in dailies. Hobbit 2 and Anchorman 2 decreasing from Thursday. What the fuck is going on...

47 Ronin will be one of the biggest bombs of the all time if OS doesn't come to the rescue. It is doing it with style, decreasing for the 3rd day in a row. It is showing other flops how to go down fabulously. 

47 Ronin will be one of the biggest bombs of the all time if OS doesn't come to the rescue. It is doing it with style, decreasing for the 3rd day in a row. It is showing other flops how to go down fabulously. 

Universal is lucky it has DM ll and FAF Vl this year. R.I.P.D. and 47 RONIN are going to be epic failures.