kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

Not opinion, fact. You've been around since October so your relatively new to box office. Once you've been following it for 5 years let me know.

But your statement that it's only doing well because of the release is preposterous. What about all the animated films that get released in the summer?  Those wouldn't have done as well if they were released in February or March.  But that's why they are released when they are.  The studios plan it that way.  I seriously have no idea what your point is when you try to say that Frozen's Christmas release is the reason for its success.  Pretty silly statement imo.

Because of grammar or statement?

No, nothing to do with grammar.  

Hollywood is a business.  How exactly would Disney be moronic to make a sequel to a film that is going to gross about 700 million dollars?  How are they moronic if they make a sequel that will probably make them a pile of money?  There is nothing moronic about seeing an idea that will make you money and then acting on it.

• Like 2

The statemrnt. Baumer thinks every successful movie should get a sequel.

I don't think that.  I'm just saying it doesn't make them morons if they make a sequel.  Disney is in the business of making money adn Frozen has done that for them.

Will the fact a DVD quality version of Smaug just hitting the net effect the DOS' box office? Seems very early for such a leak.

Yep, it will.  Once the holidays are over and peoples disposable income is gone, Smaug, like every other film, will slow down immensely.  And getting burned copies of it of course won't help.

Will the fact a DVD quality version of Smaug just hitting the net effect the DOS' box office? Seems very early for such a leak.

I think one for UJ hit this time last year too. This sorta thing happens all the time and doesn't really hurt films too much.

Yep, it will.  Once the holidays are over and peoples disposable income is gone, Smaug, like every other film, will slow down immensely.  And getting burned copies of it of course won't help.

Thanks. Hope not. Hello anyway, been reading the forum for a while and finally had something I could add.

Frozen is doing incredible, is it a cert for number 1 or is their legs in the old dragon yet?

• Like 3

How about FINDING DORY?

If Pixar handle finding Dory like they've made all their other sequels then it doesn't stand a chance. Pixar aren't as popular as they were because they make Oscar bait film rather than keeping them funny and enjoyable. Edited by Jessie

Gross from China will be affected coz piracy is huge there.

Studios fault for releasing it 2 months late their then, they must realise that around awards season, DVD screeners for most movies get leaked. Though saying that, the Chinese will probaby still want to see Smaug on a big screen because of the dragon.

Thanks. Hope not. Hello anyway, been reading the forum for a while and finally had something I could add.

Frozen is doing incredible, is it a cert for number 1 or is their legs in the old dragon yet?

Welcome aboard.  :)

When you ask if it is certain for number one, what do you mean?  Number one for the weekend?  I'm pretty sure it would be.

Welcome aboard.   :)

When you ask if it is certain for number one, what do you mean?  Number one for the weekend?  I'm pretty sure it would be.

Yep meant for weekend. Looks like it is going to be close. Smaug should increase around 10% on Saturday is it follows AUJ's lead, but maybe more and less as AUJ increase 5% on the same Friday. 10% increase would give it around $11 million Saturday. No idea how Frozen will increase/decrease.

Edited by MonstersandRoy

So does anyone have a logical explanation as to why nothing increased yesterday, except Frozen?

Not really. All I could say is Frozen is the only film out right now with exceptional word of mouth.

A lot of movies are considered okay at best by the general public. Doesn't explain everything though. Maybe we should wait for actuals. Frozen might be overestimated.