kayumanggi

Weekend #s | SAT (12.28.2013) 10.5 M TH: TDOS | 09.7 M - 10.0 M FROZEN | 07.4 M AM ll | 07.2 M AH

According to CJohn piracy has turned the Portugal movie market into a desolate wasteland straight out of Mad Max

:lol:

That is the truth, tho. Piracy is a giant over here. Nobody goes to the movies. And don't make me talk about the DVD/Bluray/VOD sales...

Edited by CJohn

Things have changed.

The quality of films is pretty much blue ray quality.

You can just stream movies on to the new tv's or use a USB and such.

I will admit I watch a lot of the big films of 2013 I already seen that way. 

LOL the effect of piracy is not over rated. In my college EVERYONE watches movies illegally online. Whenever people feel like watching a movie, they automatically go online to find a version of the film to connect to a tv. Piracy is a very big problem. 

• Like 4

With so much cynicism in the multiplex: sexist/racist anchorman, hustlers, and wolves of Wall St, folks just want a nice blanket of warmth in the form of a Disney animation. FZ can do a low $300M or a high $330M but $370M is just the doing of so many trolls in this forum. 

47 RONIN should be released in March when such slash-n-gash movies perform well in the past : 300, TITANS, even GI JOE.

You think talk of 370 talk for Frozen is the talk of trolls?

Your low 300's you talk about may happen by the end of next weekend.  While not a lock, 370 is most definitely in play.

• Like 8

Well I'm off in a couple hours for my 3rd deployment to middle-earth!!! Extremely eager soldier here willing to follow her general legolas lead in killing those filthy ugly orcs scums!What's more annoying is I'm going to have to watch this in 3D again incredible unless there is a new movie coming out in that format soon I'll be stuck watching this way any news on that front ? My wallet would appreciate!

You think talk of 370 talk for Frozen is the talk of trolls?

Your low 300's you talk about may happen by the end of next weekend.  While not a lock, 370 is most definitely in play.

Most of the posters here don't realize how silly they look, when they throw absolutes around. I remember it's only looking at 250M, than bumped to 300M and now 330M. Yet their questioning someone else is BO knowledge. I was on the 300M bandwagon when people thought 250M might be tough and same people are coming back again showing a lack knowledge of BO. It's going to be at or near 300M after next weekend from that point Tangled made 30M more and so far Frozen will make 5 to 6 times more than Tangled on the comparable weekend so it's asinine to say it's only going to make 30M more. If it keeps this up and remember competition isn't the strongest even in January then 400M is distinct possibility. I'm going to be more cautious and say it finishes around 370M which would be astounding for an original animation. Biggest ever in fact for first run animation.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 9

Most of the posters here don't realize how silly they look. I remember it's only looking at 250M, than bumped to 300M and now 330M. Yet their questioning someone else is BO knowledge. I was on the 300M bandwagon when people thought 250M might be tough and same people are coming back again showing a lack knowledge of BO. It's going to be at or near 300M after next weekend from that point Tangled made 30M more and so far Frozen will make 5 to 6 times more than Tangled on the comparable weekend so it's asinine to say it's only going to make 30M more. If it keeps this up and remember competition isn't the strongest even in January then 400M is distinct possibility. I'm going to be more cautious and say it finishes around 370M which would be astounding for an original animation. Biggest ever in fact for first run animation.

Druv, you have been easily the most correct when it comes to Frozen and always ahead of everyone else in believing in certain numbers.  Great job on this one.

• Like 2

Druv, you have been easily the most correct when it comes to Frozen and always ahead of everyone else in believing in certain numbers.  Great job on this one.

Thanks, I believed the early hype through the reviews and once I saw it in the theater on OW, I knew than 300M was gonna happen. WOM was just great, Olaf was awesome and story was more than a princess movie. It was easily relateable for boys as well as adults. After that I followed Tangled/TS2 pattern and it has been kicking both of those movies asses on a daily basis. That confirmed me that 350M was definitely in play and rest is history. It has been amazing to follow Frozen. Day by day it surprises us. It's going to have a shot at 2nd biggest 5th weekend ever regardless of holidays as no movie has ever done what it is trying to do. I've run out of superlatives to describe Frozen.  :bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:

• Like 4