filmnerdjamie

Daily Box-Office (12/31/2013) | FRZ 7.3, DOS 5.6, AH 4.6, SMB 4.1, SLWK 3.5, WOWS 3.4, AM2 3.2 (Rth)

It would eventually disperse because everyone is going to see Frozen.

Non-Pixar cartoons are generally not my cup of tea.  I did enjoy seeing Lion King in theaters though even though I was older than the target demographic.  :)

Edited by lilmac

Does anyone else here have any particular 2013 memories of the forums of posts you made? One of my most remembered ones was this:

A preview for next week:

Telemachos: Good-bye you under-predictors. My hopes and dreams travel with you.

firedeep: It’ll be a bomb. The trolls will kill it.

Telemachos: How? It’ll be a god to them.

iTz OnLy ED: What if a film dreamed of becoming something bigger than tracking intended? What if a film aspired to something greater?

NEXT WEEK

Gopher: I was at the advanced showing! I know how Snyder did!

ShawnMR: You’re the answer, MoS. You’re the answer to if online buzz equals mainstream buzz.

iTz OnLy ED: Can’t I keep on pretending it’s just online buzz?

ShawnMR: It has more than online buzz. I have to believe the film was sent here for a reason, and even if it takes the rest of your summer, you owe it to yourself to find out how good the movie is.

grim22: How do you predict a movie that’s spent a lifetime with good tracking? With some tweets, it’s the best film of the year. For others, a disappointment; it doesn’t quite fit in.

Telemachos: It will give the moviegoers of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race in line; it will sell out, there will be spillover. But in time, they will join it in the sun. In time, it will accomplish 400M, a wonder.

From the BOXOFFICE FORUMS

Creator of MONDAY NUMBERS THREAD and STAR TREK INTO FLOPNESS: WHAT WENT WRONG?

BKB: You think MAN OF STEEL is good? People will save their money for THOR 2!!

And studio WARNER BROS.

Distributors of THE GREAT GATSBY and INCEPTION

iTz OnLy ED: My friends believed that if I really went to see Man of Steel, I’d reject it. They were convinced that the film was crap. What do you think?

grim22: What’s the S stand for?

iTz OnLy ED: It’s not an S. On my predicts it means “June record.”

grim22: Well, here it’s just an $. How about Big Mon-

Nikki: Not a record!

iTz OnLy ED: Excuse me.

MAN OF STEEL WEEKEND NUMBERS

JUNE 14

The following weeks, I tried to make this be my thing with crappy re-written White House Down and World War Z trailers. They never really made it big like this one did though :P

This is a stealth FYC ad (along with my post in the Frozen club) for me for funniest member 

:ph34r:

• Like 2

Does anyone else here have any particular 2013 memories of the forums of posts you made? One of my most remembered ones was this:

The following weeks, I tried to make this be my thing with crappy re-written White House Down and World War Z trailers. They never really made it big like this one did though :P

This is a stealth FYC ad (along with my post in the Frozen club) for me for funniest member 

:ph34r:

I can't usually remember anything from awhile ago... but I do remember my epic CF OW thread.

• Like 1

Man, you guys are young.  Makes me feel old.

My first movie (and the ticket stub is in my baby book, I saw it), Raiders of the Lost Ark, November 1981.

I was about 7 the Raiders came out so I'm up there with you.Another movie I saw in theaters as a kid which will probably never see the light of day Song of the South

My first was BLACK STALLION (I think).

The first two movies I remember seeing at the theater were The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams and The Shootist

• Like 1

Man, you guys are young.  Makes me feel old.

My first movie (and the ticket stub is in my baby book, I saw it), Raiders of the Lost Ark, November 1981.

Return of the Pink Panther is the 1st I remember.  I would have been around 10-11.  I remember going to the theater in the morning and staying there all day watching it.  

I have a hard time believing I never went the the theater before that but if so I don't remember.

• Like 1