LexJoker

Thursday #s (1/2) | FRZ 5.2, DOS 4, WOWS 2.7, AM2 2.6,AH 2.5(Rth)

Amy Adams in HER puts JLaw's AH performance to shame.

Jlaw in hunger games puts Amy Adams in man of steel to shame.And Jlaw was supporting and completely stole AH from Adams. (Their duo scene was controlled by Lawrence)As much as I liked American Hustle, Amy Adams and Christian Bale were both weak compared to Lawrence and Cooper (those two stole the show).

I'm sure she's good in American Hustle and I really like her, but I have the awful feeling that I'm gonna turn against Jennifer Lawrence and her (fucking annoying) fanbase if she wins a second Oscar this year. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

Jlaw in hunger games puts Amy Adams in man of steel to shame.And Jlaw was supporting and completely stole AH from Adams. (Their duo scene was controlled by Lawrence)As much as I liked American Hustle, Amy Adams and Christian Bale were both weak compared to Lawrence and Cooper (those two stole the show).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

Let me put it this way: out of the five big actors in American Hustle, only two aren't making my ballot for the BO Awards, and they're the miscast Lawrence and the merely average Cooper

Jlaw in hunger games puts Amy Adams in man of steel to shame.

What does that have to do with anything?

Personally, I felt that Bale and Adams were much much better than Cooper and Lawrence in AH. Even Renner was better than Cooper IMO. 

• Like 3

I'm sure she's good in American Hustle and I really like her, but I have the awful feeling that I'm gonna turn against Jennifer Lawrence and her (fucking annoying) fanbase if she wins a second Oscar this year.

I can't see Lawrece overtaking Nyong'o, it could happen, but I just can't see it.Nyong'o is probably the closest to lock out of the four acting categories.

How can you say JLaw (or anyone, really) is "runner-up" or "#2", or even numerically assign positions? That's absurd. At best you can indicate whether someone's on the bubble, or on the outside looking in, or a dark horse candidate or something. But to slot them in an actual ranking is just silly.

But some critics' circles do actually name runners-ups, and aside from that, in many races, many years, you can sort of tell by how the wins shake out throughout the season. Like, when Meryl Streep won the Oscar for Iron Lady, Viola Davis won the SAG and Critics' Choice Award and some other things, so among awards watchers, she's thought of as the runner up that year. Was she in actuality? We'll never know, unless all the different groups release all the numbers. But it's a game Oscar watchers play for sure, ranking who's ahead, who's on the bubble, numerically, from most to least likely to be nominated/win. They even go back in time and rank old awards lineups from decades ago, it's like what random box office stats are to people here.

Right now I do see Best Supporting Actress coming down to Lupita vs. JLaw.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

haven't seen her but throwing this a like.

Despite all the praise she gets Amy Adams is still an underrated actress. She's incredible. Versatile as shit.

She has four Oscar nomination. FOUR!

How is she underrated again?

Edited by Fancyarcher

But some critics' circles do actually name runners-ups, and aside from that, in many races, many years, you can sort of tell by how the wins shake out throughout the season. Like, when Meryl Streep won the Oscar for Iron Lady, Viola Davis won the SAG and Critics' Choice Award and some other things, so among awards watchers, she's thought of as the runner up that year. Was she in actuality? We'll never know, unless someone releases the numbers. But it's a game Oscar watchers play for sure, ranking who's ahead, who's on the bubble, numerically. from most to least likely to be nominated/win.Right now I do see Best Supporting Actress coming down to Lupita vs. JLaw.

Lupita definitely has the edge coming from the main front runner, a stronger performance, and most importantly she didn't just win an oscar the year before.I could see JLaw winning if there were no Lupita, but since she's locked to be there it's Nyong'o's to lose.
  • Like 1

Based on Christmas numbers, it's very possible Interstellar could so some action during next years holiday.

If it lasts that long in theaters that would be awesome. I really hope it breaks out.

• Like 1