grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

5 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Quite aware. It's still racist casting. 

It's based on an actors track record and status.

There's no Asian equivalent to ScarJo, attraction wise.

Plus this takes place in a post racial society. The major probably "wears" whatever race she enjoys "wearing". I mean if I could up load my body, I'd go with animals like flying squirrels, humming birds and dolphins. But that's just me. :depp:

• Like 1

The footage was awesome.

It's closer to Her and Under the Skin than it is to Lucy or The Island.

Which is refreshing.

It reminds of Artificial Intelligence with the visuals of the "All is Full of Love" video.

I don't even care if this flops. Especially if the critics and myself like it.

• Like 3

Well, they showed nothing but the visuals. Nice visuals I'm not saying 'no' for this movie.

Also - lol at people who think that in the future white women can't be considered 'asian'. Like right know black people can't be american, or european from generations, right?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Charism said:

Also - lol at people who think that in the future white women can't be considered 'asian'. Like right know black people can't be american, or european from generations, right?

"Asian" is not a nationality until proven otherwise...

And Japan is one of the asian country which is the less prone to grant "gaijins" (japanese derogatory term for foreigners) the japanese citizenship easily and even then you stick out like a sore thumb and being reminded you're not a "first class natural japanese born citizen" so your assertion is the lolworthy one.

So what's the logic in-universe for a japanese character working for a japanese special task force in Japan to present herself as a white american girl in default mode of all bodies she could invest unless she wants to stick out like a sore thumb?

Your assertion implies that in the future white people can be whatever ethnicity they want so there's no need to cast anyone but white people as any ethnicity on this planet (how convenient...), it's like a regression 70 years backwards, the very definition of whitewashing default mode.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2