grim22

The Disaster Artist - Movie about making of "The Room" | Dec 8 2017

I'm gonna shut myself out of Oscar race news this year cause Franco deserves to win for this. Just finished reading The Disaster Artist and Tommy is the greatest character ever. This will be a performance for the ages. Unfortunately, Oldman had to make that Churchill movie and he'll win on cue but generation will remember Franco as Tommy. It's going to be the most influential and unforgettable performance of the 21st century. I'm dead serious. 

Edited by Valonqar

I'm totally feeling this one being a huge hit. The Room is a cult classic, it's getting great reviews, it's a comedy and probably a really funny one at that, it's coming out in Winter where smaller films can stick around for ages, all the factors are lining up for this one.

Just now, Ithil said:

I'm totally feeling this one being a huge hit. The Room is a cult classic, it's getting great reviews, it's a comedy and probably a really funny one at that, it's coming out in Winter where smaller films can stick around for ages, all the factors are lining up for this one.

It's generating chatter in my circles more so than upcoming blockbusters. That's unusual. 

Would you believe me if I tell you that out of every movie around December, this was the one I was anticipating the most? **** a “Star Wars.” “The Disaster Artist” is where it's at. A movie starring James Franco and his little bro Dave as they portray the true story of Tommy Wiseau and how he made “The Room,” and its also directed by James Franco?! SIGN ME UP!

The last time I saw Franco in a movie where he was prominent was “Why Him?” in which he annoyed me to no end. In this, Franco brings his skill back around for he is phenomenal as Wiseau. Its as if James followed Tommy around for a week for research study and inherited both his voice and his mannerisms. I was never blown away by watching Franco act on screen since “127 Hours.” One of the best things about being an actor is getting lost in the role, and for nearly every frame, I didn’t see James Franco or James Franco impersonating Tommy Wiseau. All that I saw was Tommy Wiseau. Granted, I would love to see how Tom Hiddleston would portray Wiseau since we all saw this picture:

DNCQRTRUEAAXV9V.jpg?format=500w

FULL REVIEW HERE:

http://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//the-disaster-artist-review

Edited by rjones1325
  • Like 1

I saw the trailer for this before 3 Billboards and I kept thinking Franco sounded exactly like Tomik and Bellgarde (the 2 foreign guys on Family Guy who have been living in the U.S. long enough to almost sound American).

Guy #1: Oh man, what a good bunch of partying at that disco-tech. They played one of my audience requests.
Guy #2: Way awesome! I myself drank like five liters of beer. Any more and I would have ended up in hospital man.
Guy #1: Oh you said it friend, but I wanted to stay, because I almost had sex on this girl.
Guy #2: Oh yeah, but it was so expensive. Each drink was like six dollars forty!

Edited by Incarnadine

Awesome film. People are going to really like it. Whether it actually appeals to enough people in the first place though... I'm not sure. Most people have never seen The Room and therefore may not want to watch this, so I'm not sure how big its target audience really is.

Awesome film. People are going to really like it. Whether it actually appeals to enough people in the first place though... I'm not sure. Most people have never seen The Room and therefore may not want to watch this, so I'm not sure how big its target audience really is.

Thursday night showings for this are selling fast in NYC. I can see a pretty big PTA despite opening on more screens than a typical platform.

Also I, Tonya is going to be huge here. The first Thursday night showings in 2 weeks at the Angelika are totally sold out.

Edited by Rebeccas