grim22

The Disaster Artist - Movie about making of "The Room" | Dec 8 2017

I haven't actually got around to watching The Room yet.  I wonder if I should just dive right in.

http://www.orpheum.com.au/wp-cinema/movie/O-THE-ROOM/THE+ROOM+AN+INTERACTIVE+EXPERIENCE/

** Warning: Please note The Room is an audience interactive event featuring a loud and riotous crowd, quoting along lines, yelling at the screen and throwing LOTS of plastic spoons…likely the most outrageous cinema experience you will ever have!!! **

The Room – House Rules:

No throwing anything asides from plastic spoons

No BYO alcohol

2 drink maximum order per person per transaction

No double shot drink orders

No Lighters

Treat other guests & staff with respect

Have fun and be safe

If you break any of them above rules, you will be asked to leave!

*Free water is available**

*Bag checks may be conducted to ensure no BYO alcohol is entering the cinema**

Oh, Hi Sydney!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I haven't actually got around to watching The Room yet.  I wonder if I should just dive right in.

http://www.orpheum.com.au/wp-cinema/movie/O-THE-ROOM/THE+ROOM+AN+INTERACTIVE+EXPERIENCE/

** Warning: Please note The Room is an audience interactive event featuring a loud and riotous crowd, quoting along lines, yelling at the screen and throwing LOTS of plastic spoons…likely the most outrageous cinema experience you will ever have!!! **

The Room – House Rules:

No BYO alcohol

No Lighters

Treat other guests & staff with respect

Have fun and be safe

Oh, Hi Sydney!

I think you should watch The Room first before going to something like this. I don't think you would have as good of an experience if you just jumped into the deep end. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:43 PM, efialtes76 said:

The Disaster Artist wonthe 65th San Sebastián Festival's Golden Shell(Best Movie)!

I will never stop laughing if this gets nominated for Best Picture. :lol:

I'm curious about how this will fare about the box office. Movies about the filmmaking business often struggle to find an audience at the box office, and a movie about the making of a famously bad film already sounds like the definition of a "niche" affair. WB most likely sold it off to A24 cause they didn't know how to sell it to a mass audience despite the cast, so we'll see how they'll handle it, especially when this will be opening right as The Last Jedi hype will be reaching fever pitch levels.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I'm curious about how this will fare about the box office. Movies about the filmmaking business often struggle to find an audience at the box office, and a movie about the making of a famously bad film already sounds like the definition of a "niche" affair. WB most likely sold it off to A24 cause they didn't know how to sell it to a mass audience despite the cast, so we'll see how they'll handle it, especially when this will be opening right as The Last Jedi hype will be reaching fever pitch levels.

Not sure how wide this is going to go initially, but if it stays as like a platform release, I could easily see it having a 150k+ PTA. If it's wide (2000+ theatres) I would say 7-9M OW.

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

I can see this getting a total in the $50M or $60M range. A niche film for sure, but it has a lot of starpower and it will go wide around the same time as the Golden Globe nominations are unveiled, so it'll likely get some good buzz from that (I would be shocked if it missed Best Picture and Best Actor for Comedy)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

I can see this getting a total in the $50M or $60M range. A niche film for sure, but it has a lot of starpower and it will go wide around the same time as the Golden Globe nominations are unveiled, so it'll likely get some good buzz from that (I would be shocked if it missed Best Picture and Best Actor for Comedy)

That would be almost or more than double A24's current highest grosser. I have it at $30-35M, which would be really good news for A24 given the crummy year they're having.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:31 PM, DeeCee said:

The Room – House Rules:

No BYO alcohol

No Lighters

Treat other guests & staff with respec

Have fun and be safe

Oh, Hi Sydney!

Don't watch it in a theater for the first time. The audience will be so chaotic you won't hear half the lines and the whole thing will just seem weird. It's the anticipation and interactivity that's fun about the screenings, so see if you like it at home first.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, MrGamer2558 said:

I think you should watch The Room first before going to something like this. I don't think you would have as good of an experience if you just jumped into the deep end. 

Yes, for the same reasons it really helps a lot to see PLan Nine From Outer Space before seeing "Ed Wood"

I suspect "The Disaster Artist" might repeat "Ed Wood"'s history: great reviews but not a lot of box office..

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Yes, for the same reasons it really helps a lot to see PLan Nine From Outer Space before seeing "Ed Wood"

I suspect "The Disaster Artist" might repeat "Ed Wood"'s history: great reviews but not a lot of box office..

In this internet age, and with a shorter gap between the releases of the films, I actually disagree with this. The Room is an extremely well-known phenomenon.

1 hour ago, slambros said:

In this internet age, and with a shorter gap between the releases of the films, I actually disagree with this. The Room is an extremely well-known phenomenon .

I think I have a very different view on what's extremely well known.