grim22

The Disaster Artist - Movie about making of "The Room" | Dec 8 2017

52 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

This is genuinely a very good movie so it would be disappointing to see it torpedoed by another scandal.

That said, Fox just signed him for his own X-Men franchise so lol they must be really behind on this shit.

same here. I loved it. So much fun. 

• Like 1

What are you idiots talking about? You're virtually inventing fake scandals. James Franco has already been in controversy for messaging that 17 year old a couple years ago (my god, what a crime) so it would not be surprising, but saying "rumour has it" over and over again doesn't really mean anything.

• Like 4

In all seriousness, giving credit to gossip sites that won't even name names out of fear of being sued for libel or slander is a slap in the face to the actual journalism exposing sexual misconduct.

Theres no scandal because some anonymous guy with a keyboard on a blogsite thinks there is.  Leave it, unless something legitimate from an actual newsource comes up.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

What are you idiots talking about? You're virtually inventing fake scandals. James Franco has already been in controversy for messaging that 17 year old a couple years ago (my god, what a crime) so it would not be surprising, but saying "rumour has it" over and over again doesn't really mean anything.

But recently every time we've heard rumblings (Spacey, Singer, etc), shit has gone down.

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

But recently every time we've heard rumblings (Spacey, Singer, etc), shit has gone down.

That's called confirmation bias.  Maybe you heard rumors that turned out to be true for them.

But you aren't counting the number of times rumors are spread that turn out false.  If something happens, it will happen, there's no point in talking about it until it actually does.

• Like 3

That's... even more random and unnecessary than running Focus in IMAX. Now, if it were The Room... ;)

Barring the possibility of a cinema in a college town that doesn't post its showtimes until Friday (so... not likely), this isn't opening anywhere within a two-hour radius of me. :whosad:

• Sad 1

Just saw it. Couple of thoughts:

— The movie is... ok. I'm a Room fanatic so I'm basically the target audience, but I also love the book and this just doesn't come close to the emotional depth that had. It can't, it moves too fast to let anything sit. This means the first 40 minutes prior to the on-set scenes are stuck in a weird dramedy limbo that are actually quite boring. But once filming begins it turns into the comedy it was made to be, and works well enough. Franco's decent as Wiseau but probably should have left writing and directing duties to someone else.

— I was watching at a relatively small cinema, but it was sold out... and my audience went nuts. They were even clapping at the end. For the UK this is almost unheard of. I don't know what it means for its BO prospects as you kind of have to know/like The Room in the first place to get the most out of the movie, but I think its future status as a cult hit at the very least is in the bag. 

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

— The movie is... ok. I'm a Room fanatic so I'm basically the target audience, but I also love the book and this just doesn't come close to the emotional depth that had. It can't, it moves too fast to let anything sit. This means the first 40 minutes prior to the on-set scenes are stuck in a weird dramedy limbo that are actually quite boring. But once filming begins it turns into the comedy it was made to be, and works well enough. Franco's decent as Wiseau but probably should have left writing and directing duties to someone else.

— I was watching at a relatively small cinema, but it was sold out... and my audience went nuts. They were even clapping at the end. For the UK this is almost unheard of. I don't know what it means for its BO prospects as you kind of have to know/like The Room in the first place to get the most out of the movie, but I think its future status as a cult hit at the very least is in the bag. 

100M OW. Been saying this for weeks.

I just watched The Room in a sold out screening. Was so much fun. Plastic spoons being thrown everywhere. I'm thinking it is probably the best cinema experience I've ever had, though I've never been to one of these rocky horror type movies before. Absolutely awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Exactly my experience. That Book ruined the movie for me.

1 hour ago, Hatebox said:

Good thing the dude didn't write it then.