Heretic

REGRESSION (Emma Watson, Ethan Hawke) Alejandro Amenabar Directs

They could be waiting to see how well the movie does overseas, especially in Spanish-speaking countries considering the director's nationality. Heck, the trailer that was released recently was marked an "international trailer."

Edited by Alpha

It opens in the UK today.

I had no fucking clue that this was happening today.

Must be a gigantic turd. Has Emma Watson finally been exposed as the toilet level actress she actually is? I thought she had enough star power to where one of her movies coming out would actually get some attention from the public.

I have not seen the movie yet (it was released last weekend here), but people and critics say it is a meh movie. There is a Spanish web called Filmaffinity where people vote for the films, and I consider it quite accurate. Amenabar films:

Tesis: 7.7 (max 10)

Abre los ojos: 7.3

The Others: 7.5

The sea inside: 7.3

Agora: 6.5

Regression: 5.6

Critics basically say that film is technnically good but forgettable.

This wasn't terrible, and at times quite gripping. I went along with it for the most part... however, its twist ending was disappointing. You could see it coming a mile away but I really hoped the film wouldn't carry through with what I thought it would do. I just wanted to rein it in so I could keep the good side of the film.

And then it does what you think it's going to do. And its done so distastefully. I have no clue why Emma Watson agreed to do this movie and particularly play this character given that she is an 'ambassador of feminism' and fights for that equal rights thing. The film's message about sexual assault victims and rape survivors just made me angry...

If the movie had been made 30 years ago when these events happened, then it may have been more acceptable, but watching it with a more contemporary social attitude it's just insensitive and insulting.

And then it does what you think it's going to do. And its done so distastefully. I have no clue why Emma Watson agreed to do this movie and particularly play this character given that she is an 'ambassador of feminism' and fights for that equal rights thing. The film's message about sexual assault victims and rape survivors just made me angry...

If the movie had been made 30 years ago when these events happened, then it may have been more acceptable, but watching it with a more contemporary social attitude it's just insensitive and insulting.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the twist is the rape accusation was false.

The belief that an actress can only play roles that support what she believes in real life is insulting and incredibly limiting. I can't believe that there are those who can't separate movie characters vs real life. How dare she play a character that isn't socially acceptable. I think those who hate her social equality campaign have their claws out.

• Like 3