Shawn Robbins

Weekend Estimates: The Lego Movie - 31.5M | 3 Days to Kill - 12.3M | Pompeii - 10M

Neil Marshal is the best B-movie director, although I didn't really like Centurion.  Dude needs to work more often.

There's only one reason I take issue with this post.I think The Descent is such quality horror, is wouldn't call it a B movie at all.Great flick.
  • Like 5

Neil Marshal is the best B-movie director, although I didn't really like Centurion.  Dude needs to work more often.

Yeah, The Descent was fantastic, and I liked Doomsday, even tho it was a rip-off of 20 different cooler movies. Oh, and Rhona Mitra looked fine as hell.

• Like 1

Look at Renny Harlin's track record. Now look at PWSA's. Consider that the second is vastly more successful than the first and yet Harlin can still get $80m budgets to play with.

PWSA is going to be making movies for decades to come.

At least, Harlin has done very funny films. Loved Die Hard 2, Cliffhanger, The Long Kiss Goodnight, and Deep Blue Sea.

The only PWSA film I like is the first Resident Evil.

There's only one reason I take issue with this post.I think The Descent is such quality horror, is wouldn't call it a B movie at all.Great flick.

Yeah, The Descent is easily one of the best horror movies I've seen IMO.  And Dog Soldiers and Doomsday are fun as hell B-movies done right.

Edited by Ozymandias

Go Lego!

I'm worried for Peabody and Sherman & Muppetts Most Wanted now though, they could suffer the same fate of Turbo and Smurfs 2 after the box office performances of Frozen, Lego and even Nut Job, family audience might pass on those two movies.

Edited by forg

Neil Marshall can be a great action/large-scale director if he wanted to be. With the constraints of a (albeit enhanced but still pennies compared to cinema) television budget he made Blackwater into one of the best "war movies" of the 2000s.He's like the anti-Bay in that he only makes movies he wants to make/is passionate about and doesn't generally cater to the lowest common audience denominator.

Neil Marshall can be a great action/large-scale director if he wanted to be. With the constraints of a (albeit enhanced but still pennies compared to cinema) television budget he made Blackwater into one of the best "war movies" of the 2000s.He's like the anti-Bay in that he only makes movies he wants to make/is passionate about and doesn't generally cater to the lowest common audience denominator.

Ohh, baumer is gonna get you for that one.

Hey, when Bay makes a true effort to make a film he cares about, it turns out very well (The Rock, Pain and Gain).The problem is more often than not he settles into comfortable studio pop action catering and gets lazy with the humor and storytelling and characters. The result is that we stand underneath a robot's scrotum.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 3