grim22

The Flash | Season 2 premieres 6 October.

Really happy with this show for the most part.  I love the Flash and was deathly afraid they would screw it up.

Things I like:

Grant Gustin:   Great casting.  So glad they didn't go with a "buff" actor.  The Flash doesn't need that.   Makes much more sense for him to be thin actually.   Disappointed to hear they are planning to recast him in the movies.  Bleh...  is there a "We want to keep TV and movies separated" thing?  Why?

Jesse L. Martin:  Never watched Law and Order but would not be surprised if he was one of the main reasons it was popular.   The chemistry between he and Gustin is perfect imo.   There are a couple of moments in the 2nd episode that genuinely moved me.

Overall casting:   Seems like they really nailed the casting period.

"Flash effects":   I like it.   Was a little worried that might not work onscreen.

John Wesley Shipp as the dad:   That's cool.   Wouldn't mind seeing his role expanded in the future.

Things I don't like as much:

"Freak of the week":   Hopefully they will move past this....feels like Smallville when it started.   I suspect someone at WB is stuck in the past and not trusting the audience to stick with the show if they don't "wrap it up" every week.   I suggest that WB take a look at the TV shows which are insanely popular these days.   Walking Dead and Game of Thrones don't do anything other than leave you hanging after every episode.  The audience just begs for more.   Be innovative....or at least notice what is working and copy it!   (What...WB can notice what Marvel is doing in movies but not notice what the most popular TV shows are doing?)

Flash's "SHIELD" team:   Not a huge deal, but feels like I've seen it before.   I prefer the Flash as a loner really.

W.I.S.:   This I can kinda understand I guess....just fanboy carping.   I feel irritated every time someone hits the Flash.  That shouldn't actually be possible.   I get it though....gotta give him a challenge.

I'm in though no matter what.   I watched every episode of Smallville so this won't be that difficult to watch.   :D

I keep hearing that Green Arrow is great....but frankly archer heroes have always bored me.   Not that interested.   Don't really "get" Green Arrow or Hawkeye.   Legolas is cool...but he fits the vibe of the movie.

Edited by Harpospoke

• Community Manager

"Freak of the week":   Hopefully they will move past this....feels like Smallville when it started.   I suspect someone at WB is stuck in the past and not trusting the audience to stick with the show if they don't "wrap it up" every week.   I suggest that WB take a look at the TV shows which are insanely popular these days.   Walking Dead and Game of Thrones don't do anything other than leave you hanging after every episode.  The audience just begs for more.   Be innovative....or at least notice what is working and copy it!   (What...WB can notice what Marvel is doing in movies but not notice what the most popular TV shows are doing?

Sorry but I have to disagree with this. Walking Dead (which is not a show ANYBODY should be using a model) or Game of Thrones are telling one cohesive story. They are trying to do something different and while having no "freak of the week" works for them it doesn't mean the format should be dropped forever. The Flash would frankly suck if they didn't have a freak of the weak. So what, he fights the same guy over and over again? Boring. It's based on a comic book series where the Flash always faces a new or recurring villain. Therefore having a new (or returning) villain every week allows the Flash to stick true to it's source material while allowing the writers to come up with new stories every week that they can wrap up-adding some level of variety. It's not a matter of being stuck in the past. You truly lose something if you only do a serialized arc-which the Flash IS doing.

Flash's "SHIELD" team:   Not a huge deal, but feels like I've seen it before.   I prefer the Flash as a loner really.

The Flash as a loner makes for great film, crappy TV.

• Like 3

i'm enjoying it , i think it s a great addition and balances out arrow's somberness with its overall levity

what an ending scene though , clearly wheelchair dude isnt to be trusted but at same time sems for now barry is safe with him 

don't know how curious i am to google him and find out more or do i leave the show tell me his story week after week !

i liked the flashback they were well done! 

iris and barry are icky cute !  good thing they did a chemistry test lol

• Community Manager

don't know how curious i am to google him and find out more or do i leave the show tell me his story week after week !

i liked the flashback they were well done!

Well you can Google him. There's theories at there as to who he is but so far nobody knows.

Well you can Google him. There's theories at there as to who he is but so far nobody knows.

well it points to someone specific, but very true that it still could be other people as the show doesn't have to follow any stories

I haven't seen the second episode yet so I'm just jumping in. 

Thought the first episode was pretty good. 

I see they are going to follow the "Kryptonite Villain of the Week" thing. The Star labs explosion and resulting wave are going to be what creates all if not most of the foes for the show. Let's see how long that lasts. 

It didn't feel as super crammed as Gotham did with all the flag waving of easter eggs. Yeah, a few were there but not that many. Gotham was waving a flag in your face every 5min it felt like saying "look, look here, see what this will turn out to be!!"

I dropped Arrow after the first season. It's kinda hard to enjoy a show when you're not crazy about the main character.  :ph34r:

I can see that.  He gets a little more sympathetic as it goes on though.

Yeah it was another decent episode tonight.  It does at some point need to step it up and get away from some of the routine it has now.  But it needs to go through that for some things, so I don't mind the wait

Well, there has been a certain formula to all the episodes but they're developing ALL the characters nicely and they seem to be moving the plot along at a good pace. If it continues like this, I don't see many obstacles for it to be the best superhero show out there.

The flashbacks were also improved in this episode, I liked that they showed more character's backstories and not only the hero's like ARROW.

Yeah once it gets through the beginning stuff, I don't think it will be hard to be the best superhero show either. Not that there is any competition other than Arrow. But this will still be good even if there weren't any others