Olive

Best Animated Feature-2014

The Lego movieHow to train your dragon 2Big hero 6Take of princess kaguyaAll seem certain. The last spot is up in the air. With the book of life having the best chance at getting in.

I wouldn't call Kaguya certain. The Academy has been hit and miss when it comes to nominating Ghibli's.

I don't think Kaguya is certain, if only because the Academy has never nominated a Ghibli film that wasn't directed by Miyazaki. The only "hit and miss" to it is Ponyo not getting a nomination, and I feel that was down to how competitive and high-quality the 2009 slate was. (If Ponyo had gotten a U.S. release in 2008 or 2010 instead of 2009, I think it would have gotten nominated.)

Edited by TServo2049

The Tale of Princess Kaguya easily the top animated score on metacritic with 90 and 100% on RT, studio Ghibli does it again. Probably wont win though

The Tale of Princess Kaguya will easily get a nomination. I can see the Academy rewarding Studio Ghibli with the win since it will be their last movie for a long time, and there is also no Frozen juggernaut to go up against this year. ;)

Edited by Mojoguy