ddddeeee

Best Original Score - 2014

After seeing The Theory of Everything it has to get nominated, my favorite soundtrack of the year, and it plays into the movie so well.  I haven't been able to stop listening to it, no soundtrack this year has done that to me, it is rich, complex, and yet still elegant and simple.

Just listen to this track

• Like 1

I think it's a tiny bit cloying myself, but it's exactly the sort of score the academy goes for, so i don't think you have to worry about it not getting nominated.

There haven't been that many impressive soundtracks this year.  I think to win the soundtrack has to be listenable to on its own while also serving the movie and highlighting the moments within it (I'll give an exception to Birdman because the improv drums was a really cool effect).  Despite liking Interstellar's soundtrack the beginning is fairly monotonous and it actually can be a problem within the movie because it steals attention away from what's on screen with its volume (but that's more of a sound mixing problem). 

• Like 1

There haven't been that many impressive soundtracks this year.  I think to win the soundtrack has to be listenable to on its own while also serving the movie and highlighting the moments within it (I'll give an exception to Birdman because the improv drums was a really cool effect).  Despite liking Interstellar's soundtrack the beginning is fairly monotonous and it actually can be a problem within the movie because it steals attention away from what's on screen with its volume (but that's more of a sound mixing problem). 

Like I said, I think one of the Desplats will win this year. I posted a link to a couple of Unbroken tracks on the last page and that sounds like the type of score where, if the film is a serious contender, he could finally pick up the win he's been chasing the last few years. I haven't heard his Imitation Game score but it's been singled out for praise in some reviews.

After seeing The Theory of Everything it has to get nominated, my favorite soundtrack of the year, and it plays into the movie so well.  I haven't been able to stop listening to it, no soundtrack this year has done that to me, it is rich, complex, and yet still elegant and simple.

Just listen to this track

thats incredible!

I probs wont see it in theters til march  :lol:

The Theory of Everything has my vote, but I could easily see Desplat taking it this year since he has multiple solid scores out there just dangling in front of the faces of the voters. But then again, if he does get the nomination for multiple films, we could see a split in voters cause an underdog to take just because the voters couldnt decide on a specific one.

• Like 1

If Desplat has more than one nomination, he will surely loose, though it deserves to win this year. Awesome year for him, with four notable scores

Anyways, I think Theory of everything is the frontrunner right now

My current Oscar predictions. I've bolded the locked nominees

Johansson - Theory of everything

Desplat - Imitation Game

Desplat - Budapest Hotel

Newton Howard - Maleficent (nice themes and epic score os the bunch. They also love James. And so do I)

Newman - The Judge (they like Newman)

Alternates:

Desplat - Unbroken (it will be this or GBH)

Price - Fury (but I've found it unmemorable)

Ross & Reznor - Gone girl (a step above TSN)

Zimmer - Interstellar (because it's Zimmer)

Beltrami - Homesman (nice theme, solid score)

I am a HUGE howard fan. easily my favorite film score composer currently writing, however, I highly doubt he gets a nom for maleficent. He has never been nominated for one of his big action scores, despite them being some of his best works. They love classy Howard, not rambunctious Howard. lol

Right, at this point, I think we can safely assume Zimmer is getting nominated. Also, Desplat might get in but if he gets 2 nomination it's pretty bad, not to mention if he gets 3 as the votes will probably be split.