Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

You're going to be eating crow when Avatar 2 drops. 

JCS was referring to original properties possibly never doing those numbers again.  Seeing as how Avatar 2-5 are sequels, I noted that it certainly won't, because he's only making sequels now.

7 hours ago, Lothar said:

So EG is not breaking Avatar's record ?

:hahaha:

I assumed it was, is there any evidence it won't at this point? If overseas gross crashes I could see that happening, it still needs to make over $600M and it's had its first two weekends already with DP coming out. But I'd like to see some analysis if there's any hope of this, because I've already resigned myself to Endgame squeaking past Avatar, slightly hurting the marketing campaign of A2.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I assumed it was, is there any evidence it won't at this point? If overseas gross crashes I could see that happening, it still needs to make over $600M and it's had its first two weekends already with DP coming out. But I'd like to see some analysis if there's any hope of this, because I've already resigned myself to Endgame squeaking past Avatar, slightly hurting the marketing campaign of A2.

It only needs something around 560 million after monday

4 hours ago, Deep Wang said:

Do they though?  I would love to see proof of this.

There's some pretty deranged stuff in the comment section, I'll try to find it later. I can't find that particular quote anymore, but here's a taste:

aIR35tQ.png

EDIT: More. A lot of comments along the lines of this one, claiming we've reached the peak of special effects. 

Zqx6IIs.png

And then the underaged kids (which I assume is most of the comment section):

HjTLQPH.png

And the occasional voices in sanity in the sea:

1EuiYhc.png

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

So you agree with me that I wish he were making more originals instead of 4 Avatar sequels?

Of course. Although I might prefer an Avatar sequel and then 3 more originals (in an ideal world). I do trust in Jim though, and know that my own personal preference is nothing when it comes to his own judgement and fulfilling his own needs. 

If we're really saying what we'd love to see, I'd love to see him go back to being his 80s tier self and getting a new movie every 3 years - although I understand he now also has far more commitments. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I've pretty much accepted it will be a big success, how much of one it will be is up to debate.

Several on this thread have already determined 2.75 billion is a failure. Under those standards I'm not certain it will be a success.

• Knock It Off 1