Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

In an era where there are so many franchises and not enough release dates Cameron and Disney had a blessing of Dec 2020 not only having barely any competition, not only a weak year at the box office where people will be yearning for a mega blockbuster, but also a revolutionary film arriving to kick off a new decade of film. This was literally THE PERFECT date for the film to release for maximum box office gross and they go and delay it again... Avatar is on the edge of becoming a non factor and people completely forgetting about it. Hell even I barely care anymore so why would the GA and if it's taking so long and the film is lackluster (plot and story wise)... the sequels might even bomb. 

• Sad 1
  • Knock It Off 2

They also spaced out the gaps between A2, A3, A4 and A5

Probably didn't want another SW situation where the yearly movies kinda took the "event" factor away

Especially as each movie is apparently stand alone unlike IW/Endgame

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

100% disney decision by the way

Bullcrap. This screws Disny because they now have nothing big at Christmas and SW will have to be pushed back.

• Like 10
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Bullcrap. This screws Disny because they now have nothing big at Christmas and SW will have to be pushed back.

They just moved West Side Story and Cruella there to fill the void, those are two films with potential to be sizable hits and could easily combine to 300M+

27 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I was talking about this thing with the guys, and seriously, I grew up with Terminator, Aliens, Terminator 2, Abyss.  

These kids today have grown up with Titanic and Avatar.  I love Titanic and really like Avatar, but my childhood was def better when it comes to Cameron movies.

When I think about how he has only released TWO MOVIES since I turned 18, I get sad.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Royce said:

Idgi, Dec 2020 was such a perfect release date

"Cruella" should've been direct to Disney+ like Lady and the Tramp

Is that what Disney was concerned about? LOL

My friend Cameron wants A2 perfect. With the power he weilds over the bo, any time is perfect. Cameron however always like to bring his big epics to the world in Dec. 

T2, True lies, ALIENS. Titanic and no.film comes close until his Avatar 13 yrs later. I dont think we have to worry about Avatar2 not ever being the world's biggest sequel event😉

35 minutes ago, shruth said:

In an era where there are so many franchises and not enough release dates Cameron and Disney had a blessing of Dec 2020 not only having barely any competition, not only a weak year at the box office where people will be yearning for a mega blockbuster, but also a revolutionary film arriving to kick off a new decade of film. This was literally THE PERFECT date for the film to release for maximum box office gross and they go and delay it again... Avatar is on the edge of becoming a non factor and people completely forgetting about it. Hell even I barely care anymore so why would the GA and if it's taking so long and the film is lackluster (plot and story wise)... the sequels might even bomb. 

well. sequels this late can benefit from having an even longer gap. avatar is not "on the edge£" of being irrelevant, it passed that point some time ago. so now extra time judst adds to niostalgia affect .

Here are some of the early predicts so far. Everyone please help me update👍

James needs more time. I'm loving it. Upping my predict

Kal...1.1b, 3.4b OS

4.5b ww😉

Ncsoft... 3.7Bww

Jimbo...1.1B , 

2.9b OS, 4.1B ww

Edited by Sheldon Cr
  • Haha 1