Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

Also, Cameron, then a young canadian 30 yo-ish filmmaker at Pinewood studios on the sequel of a film british crew members considered british :

Cameron discovered this old english tradition on the set of Aliens : tea break when all people stops working and have tea.

Cameron went absolutely mental, insulted the entire crew saying there won t be any fucking tea breaks anymore on his set and the crew started a rebellion ( english solidarity against the young canadian douche) but he ultimately won and there were no tea breaks after Cameron s tantrum.

Edited by The Futurist

I'm almost certain it was B'89, but I can't find the interview where he mentioned it now. Apparently it was mixed in the England without his supervision, and he joked about not holding a grudge against the country despite that.

Elfman was a nobody and they didn't take him seriously at all. Apparently some of the players got drunk before some sessions too. 

I don't see how he could complain about the overall mix though, it's glorious. Elfman's score makes the movie. If he had a problem there he probably had a seizure after watching AoU.

Also, Cameron, then a young canadian 30 yo-ish filmmaker at Pinewood studios on the sequel of a film british crew members considered british :

Cameron discovered this old english tradition on the set of Aliens : tea break when all people stops working and have tea.

Cameron went absolutely mental, insulted the entire crew saying they won t be any fucking tea breaks anymore on his set and the crew started a rebellion ( english solidarity against the young canadian douche) but he ultimately won and there were no tea breaks after Cameron s tantrum.

Not even mentioning how Leo pissed him off on the set of Titanic so he purposefully rewrote the script at the last moment to have Jack die. It was so last moment they didn't even have time to make the size of the driftwood smaller.

Elfman was a nobody and they didn't take him seriously at all. Apparently some of the players got drunk before some sessions too. 

I don't see how he could complain about the overall mix though, it's glorious. Elfman's score makes the movie. If he had a problem there he probably had a seizure after watching AoU.

Maybe it was the start of his hearing loss condition. :ph34r:  Film score composers always want to mix their music forward so every nuances can be heard except there is also dialogue and sound effects to consider. Mixing an action scene must be a nightmare. But in my memory, I recall B89's music was really a third character after Batman and Gotham City. It was very operatic and pushed forward in some scenes as a narrative and mood setting tool. That opening gives me goosebumps everytime, also the Batmobile's escape of the chemical facility and of course Descent Into Mystery :wub: . And don't start me with Birth Of A Penguin...

That opening Elfman Bat'89 theme is maybe the best superhero theme ever, so majestic, so grand, so epic.

I can t remember the last time a movie grabbed me by the balls & heart with its score ... maybe Inception which was so unique.

Cameron went absolutely mental, insulted the entire crew saying there won t be any fucking tea breaks anymore on his set and the crew started a rebellion ( english solidarity against the young canadian douche) but he ultimately won and there were no tea breaks after Cameron s tantrum.

untrue

Like I said before, Old James Cameron (and his toadies, such as the author of 'The Futurist') tells every bit as many blowhard, self-aggrandizing lies as Old George Lucas.  That's what happens when these coots are surrounded by lackies who would cut their arm off before telling them, "Bullshit."

NXy8FYg.jpg

Danna's a good shout. The Elfman's/Silvestri's/Desplat's/Giacchino's/Zimmer's etc won't be able to commit to six months (or whatever it is) because they'll all have other commitments.

Horner and Elfman were both in contention to score LotR but neither could commit to the schedule.

How about James Newton Howard? I think he would do a good score and he sounds kinda similar to Horner.

• Like 2

Like I said before, Old James Cameron (and his toadies, such as the author of 'The Futurist') tells every bit as many blowhard, self-aggrandizing lies as Old George Lucas.  That's what happens when these coots are surrounded by lackies who would cut their arm off before telling them, "Bullshit."

NXy8FYg.jpg

I really do hope Cameron signed a prenup with you ... poor Jim if you didn't.

Cameron claims he has mellowed down but I remember reading a testimony of an extra on Avatar for pick ups shoots and yes, it was basically three days of Cameron shouting at everybody !

:D  :lol:

I kid but don t ever mention James cameron to Mary Elisabeth Mastrantonio, what he did to her on the Abyss set was just vile.

What did he do to her? I've always loved her work, and always wanted her to somehow be on Hollywood's radar again...

What did he do to her? I've always loved her work, and always wanted her to somehow be on Hollywood's radar again...

That scene when she nearly died by drowning and being brought back to life by Ed Harris...Well, let's say that it took more than one take to get it...

That scene when she nearly died by drowning and being brought back to life by Ed Harris...Well, let's say that it took more than one take to get it...

Yes, she had to do the scene again and again and she was exhausted, mentally & physically, and Cameron was in T-800 s mode, not caring at all, treating her like a prop ...

Kubrick was also very nice with his actors too.

Cruise ended the Eyes Wide Shut shoot with an ulcer.

Edited by The Futurist

How about James Newton Howard? I think he would do a good score and he sounds kinda similar to Horner.

Whoever it is is going to be so strange to hear. Horner's score is really ingrained in that Avatar feeling. Nobody else really builds them the same way.

Still, James Newton Howard would be solid. Howard Shore could probably do it well, too. And I think Thomas Newman might be a solid choice.