Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

One thing that cannot be ignored is when avatar came out that was when 3d was at its peak. There's no way this 3d cake will be nearly as high this time as it was last time.

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

One thing that cannot be ignored is when avatar came out that was when 3d was at its peak. There's no way this 3d cake will be nearly as high this time as it was last time.

The reason why 3D was at it's peak was because Avatar was in cinemas, when Avatar 2 is released a new peak will be reached.

People need to be convinced that 3D is the way to go and they will pay. With Avatar being the poster child when it comes to that format, it won't be difficult. Gravity had a similar 3D ratio than Avatar, i believe, which was about 80%, despite "dying 3D". Even if it's slightly lower for the sequels, it'll be higher than what is usual these days.

Just now, Elessar said:

He will save us from the white slavers.

Freiza white, hollywood executives white. It's all fallen into place.

Only Jim can save us now, even George Locust is rooting for Jim.

58 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

This is an under-statement because it's not just sth that cant be ignored, that's actually, IMO, the biggest drag A2 has to face. A never-had-before 3D experience was a big part of Avatar boxoffice story, and it's obviously going to be heavily difficult to creat it again on A2. A2 will of cause have a much bigger 3D tickets share than other 3D movies, but 3D isn't new anymore, and it wont be sth people buy tickets for.

Edited by vc2002

6 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

How come when I pointed this out, I don't know how many times, people bagged on me over it and now you say it and everyone's in agreement with it.. I've said for the longest damn time that 3D was the sole reason, the sole factor people kept going back to see AVATAR.. You could take the crappiest story thrown together, but the 3D is what sold it and now, the novelty is gone with that.. With that having been said, I'm outta here before Kal comes riding in with an iJack like post defending the movie and Lord Cameron and how the sequel will make 1.7B Domestic..

1NViu4L.jpg

You're talking out your ass! It was highly watched in 2D and the Blu-Ray sales are through the rough (thats TWO DIMENSIONAL also).

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

How come when I pointed this out, I don't know how many times, people bagged on me over it and now you say it and everyone's in agreement with it.. I've said for the longest damn time that 3D was the sole reason, the sole factor people kept going back to see AVATAR.. You could take the crappiest story thrown together, but the 3D is what sold it and now, the novelty is gone with that.. With that having been said, I'm outta here before Kal comes riding in with an iJack like post defending the movie and Lord Cameron and how the sequel will make 1.7B Domestic..

1NViu4L.jpg

He said "3D is a big part of its success."

You are saying "3D is the sole reason of its success."

There is a difference.

Reality is somewhere in between.

For example, I saw the film five times because the story captivated me. I have plenty of friends who went to see AVATAR because of the romance between Jake and Neytiri.

Saying that Avatar was a big hit ONLY because of 3D is as myopic as saying that TFA is a big hit ONLY because of nostalgia or ONLY because the old cast is in it.

Both arguments are reductive hyperbole that fails to see the big picture. The truth is that some people loved Avatar for the 3D and the shiny colors and other people loved it for the characters and the love story. Some people loved TFA for nostalgia and other loved it for the old cast...and others loved it because of the new cast. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:
2 hours ago, vc2002 said:

This is an under-statement because it's not just sth that cant be ignored, that's actually, IMO, the biggest drag A2 has to face. A never-had-before 3D experience was a big part of Avatar boxoffice story, and it's obviously going to be heavily difficult to creat it again on A2. A2 will of cause have a much bigger 3D tickets share than other 3D movies, but 3D isn't new anymore, and it wont be sth people buy tickets for.

1NViu4L.jpg

Well, you see, BKB, I didn't say 3D was the sole reason people kept going back to Avatar. I said it was one of the reasons. So, if you can't see the difference, you should probably get confused about why you got bagged on.

Popularity of 3D will be the biggest drag for A2 because I trust Cameron is much more than being capable of dealing with other factors, like the story and the directing. I never agreed with most of the naysaying on Avatar's story in the first place (I do have my own complaints tho), so there's no need for me to worry about the story and the storytelling on A2.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2015 at 1:50 AM, Kalel009Shel said:

Some are saying ,170-220 plus m 3 day own with  a out ofbthis world 6x to 8 X multi.  Holy shit.  Can you imagine 1.2 to 1.6 b domestic. Wonder if baumerfett and Darth could process such a come back ass whipping.  On one of the many gigantic  fb  fanpages50m strong. Fans  8 to 50  aiming to watch Avatar ii 6-30 times.  We are going to do it Cameron maniacs.    We will chew up the odds against us and rules of bo like Jiu jiu beads. 

I just can't. Please, carry on.

• Like 4

You know when Cred part 2 comes out, experts are saying it will open with anywhere from 45-165 million.  WOW!  and can you imgine if that gets a 3.5-12.5 multiplier?  Wow if Kaledude could process that behind kicking.  One of the 50m facebook gerber meals gobblety gook, no idea what the fuck i am sayhing but just go with it, 25X 8 to 50 year olds, breath mints and silly puddy.  HolY!!! market research Lochness Montster!!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

You know when Cred part 2 comes out, experts are saying it will open with anywhere from 45-165 million.  WOW!  and can you imgine if that gets a 3.5-12.5 multiplier?  Wow if Kaledude could process that behind kicking.  One of the 50m facebook gerber meals gobblety gook, no idea what the fuck i am sayhing but just go with it, 25X 8 to 50 year olds, breath mints and silly puddy.  HolY!!! market research Lochness Montster!!

Nowhere near enough spelling mistakes and your sentences are too coherent.

I give you....a B-.

• Like 4

Silly biu...dean on celly confirms it......will open to 165-325 and do amywhere from 1.8-4.5 billion domestic.....slaps biu in the head with a pandora flower.....feel the power of JC and his brilliant camera work.....and don't forget to say a prayer for Kin and Kanye, they were having some difficulty conceiving at Christmas, let's pray for a successful pregnancy...

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Silly biu...dean on celly confirms it......will open to 165-325 and do amywhere from 1.8-4.5 billion domestic.....slaps biu in the head with a pandora flower.....feel the power of JC and his brilliant camera work.....and don't forget to say a prayer for Kin and Kanye, they were having some difficulty conceiving at Christmas, let's pray for a successful pregnancy...

hmmm...this load is worth.....1/2 portion each

;) 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

1NViu4L.jpg

Gollum-Nobody-Likes-You-Gif1.gif