Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

9 minutes ago, StevenG said:

qC6MC4v.gif&key=eab1b99dab85ff3afd8d5088

^^^^Taika's reaction when Avatar 2's opening week (Dec 18-Dec 24, 2020) outgrosses Thor: Ragnarok's entire US run.

Haha.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Avatar's opening weekend of $77m is still the highest of any original film, god only knows how much A2 will make on it's opening weekend.

My current A2 expectations are, $850m dom / $3.5b WW

17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Haha.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Avatar's opening weekend of $77m is still the highest of any original film, god only knows how much A2 will make on it's opening weekend.

My current A2 expectations are, $850m dom / $3.5b WW

depends, as usual, on definition of "original". Since Inside Out is typically considered original and grossed $90m+ OW, although you could argue that it's part of the unconfirmed "Pixar Universe"

EDIT: Did some more research, the only debatable ones are Inside Out, Secret life of Pets and Passion of Christ. However in some ways each of those is not original. Everything else is either based on a book, comic or is a sequel.

Edited by feasby007

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Avatar sequels beating TFA and MCU movies would produce the biggest meltdowns that Internet has ever seen. Which is saying a lot! :hahaha:

Perhaps THAT'S why Avatar 2 will gross so much.

-> Avatar 2 shuts down the internet due to overload

-> Without internet, everybody is bored and goes watch Avatar 2

-> $$$

Edited by feasby007
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Avatar sequels beating TFA and MCU movies would produce the biggest meltdowns that Internet has ever seen. Which is saying a lot! :hahaha:

Which is weird to me because it should be expected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, feasby007 said:

Perhaps THAT'S why Avatar 2 will gross so much.

-> Avatar 2 shuts down the internet due to overload

-> Without internet, everybody is bored and goes watch Avatar 2

-> $$$

lol, sometimes I feel as though people on BOT let bias affect their predictions... they'll probably say that about me aswell but I'm not the one predicting Avatar 2 to make less than $1.5b.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

But, but nobody buys Avatar toys! Oh, wait, nobody bought Finn and Poe toys either and TFA is sitting at #1 spot. :lol:

Well I hope they come to terms with Avatar 2 imminent success before the fact so we don't have to hear the equivalent of "just did well because the 3d" over and over again.

• Like 1