Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I assume it’s because people don’t really talk about Avatar anymore

I think you would be surprise, when Black Panther get out I heard some very casual viewer at work saying: The best movie I have seen in theater since the blue people in space movie.

I am not sure non-geek people talk less about Avatar in our day to day than Zootopia, Gladiator, despicable me or The Incredibles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

RIP they would go with God then,  

but it wont change what is done here and we should concentrate on moving on with freeing Avatar's creative rights.  

the creative rights will be back with Eywa and shouldn't be touched by human hands

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

the creative rights will be back with Eywa and shouldn't be touched by human hands

reminded me of Ang Lees Incredible Hulk when he goes with multiple screens in the movie....

then Suicide Squad when like hundreds of hours of footage was shot for each character who was then given a quick intro

Revenge of the Sith had a similar intro when they did Order 66 and fashioned the entire Clone Wars down to like a bunch of planets.

I'm not sure other movies can borrow that idea that Ang Lee did, maybe it is patented?  and it might force movies to repeat the same cliché formulas 

This could make Avatar a one and done thing.

Edited by gravestonedt

14 hours ago, Elessar said:

I'd like to ask David Ehrlich why the sequels sound like a disaster in the making. Making sequels to an almost $3b movie seems like one of the safest bets one can make...

It's hyperbole to get clicks. These journalists are just sad at this point. 

• Like 1

Looks like IMDB has reverted back to Avatar 2 - 3 - 4 - 5, no more titles. 

Cameron is scheduled to appear on StarTalk Live (Neil deGrasse Tyson's show) hopefully we'll get some clarification and new information on the sequels, Alita and Terminator. 

• Like 2

AVATAR 2 : JAMES CAMERON TEASE AN IMPRESSIVE FILM

“I think the main lesson I have taken from the first film, it is that the more it is fantastic, plus it is supernatural, the more you go beyond what is possible in terms of imaging and more it should be bound to relationships, to truth and to the heart. I really hope to do that with the new films”

James Cameron has also stressed that it intends to treat both the form and substance : “no matter what point you have a superb design, and amazing visuals, if the story does not work and that the viewers are not bound to the characters, this will not work just not. Of course, with the important budget that we have, we need to work hard. As an artist, we must, however, give themselves permission to make mistakes, regardless of the stakes. We must try things, the less secure is finally to remain in his comfort zone.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lothar said:

AVATAR 2 : JAMES CAMERON TEASE AN IMPRESSIVE FILM

“I think the main lesson I have taken from the first film, it is that the more it is fantastic, plus it is supernatural, the more you go beyond what is possible in terms of imaging and more it should be bound to relationships, to truth and to the heart. I really hope to do that with the new films”

James Cameron has also stressed that it intends to treat both the form and substance : “no matter what point you have a superb design, and amazing visuals, if the story does not work and that the viewers are not bound to the characters, this will not work just not. Of course, with the important budget that we have, we need to work hard. As an artist, we must, however, give themselves permission to make mistakes, regardless of the stakes. We must try things, the less secure is finally to remain in his comfort zone.”

This reads like it was translated into from another language and then back again... 

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Haven’t been in this thread much but I love how the main villain for all four sequels already died in the first movie 

no different than anakin in episode 3

this is science fiction and the avatar program already has shown personalities and memories can be transfered to other bodies and that fast paced cloning is possible (4 years to grow an adult Na'vi sized Avatar)