Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yes just like Box office mojo is wrong on China's reporting for Infinity War and EG. Official trade reporting for Avatar is 2749

Could you link me your source? I'm struggling to find it and @peludo seems to think the 2749 is also incorrect. 

• Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 7:31 AM, Charlie Jatinder said:

There are boxoffice trackers of almost every country that matter on this forum. Do you think, if I even try to fudge anything, that will go un-countered. Ugh.

In many market, many have no idea about admission too, only people like you with actual ticket sales numbers know.

Specially release with ticket than went from $6 to over $25 like this one, how big rebate Tuesday got over time, must be quite the challenge in markets that do not count admissions, like it is domestic (where it is pretty much impossible like domestic).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Could you link me your source? I'm struggling to find it and @peludo seems to think the 2749 is also incorrect. 

Just look at bom international take of Avatar and check the weekends. You’ll see it added money in years 2011-2019, that’s the 5m difference

25 minutes ago, JimiQ said:

Just look at bom international take of Avatar and check the weekends. You’ll see it added money in years 2011-2019, that’s the 5m difference

Where are you seeing these numbers? The gross between 11-19 as I can tell is below $200k. 

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Where are you seeing these numbers? The gross between 11-19 as I can tell is below $200k. 

You have to be looking at the total. Those small numbers are boms estimates and are incomplete. The total was reported by fox

27 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Where? 

Bom - Avatar - foreign - by weekend - choose weekends from 2011 forward and look at column “gross to date” in row foreign total. I feel like you are trolling again. Toddler could see it already. In january 2011 it’s 2020 million, full foreign is 2027 million. So after special edition re release it added 7 million. It’s even more than I thought

3 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

That is what Mojo says:

This is the foreign total as of 1/2/11:

XhFF0tC.jpg

Yet this is the foreign total right now:

kEaqHIP.jpg

This is really interesting, I think you guys might have found something here - as Wikipedia hasn't updated their total gross to reflect this extra money. I just had a glance through the history of edits and no where was this extra money added to the total gross after 2012. 

Is there a discrepancy in how Wikipedia collates its data against bom? 

• Astonished 1

It's definitely higher than $2.749, probably closer to $2.755, but we don't know when Avatar's original run ended. BOM stopped tracking it regularly in mid-March 2011 (and there were some gaps even before then, plus a lot of apparent undercounting compared to what the-numbers.com was reporting in its weekly worldwide charts), when it was at $2.7822 ($2.749 sans special edition). They didn't add anything to Avatar's total after April 2011 until finally in July 2014 they added $5.7m. But the overall total now is probably even higher. BOM reports Avatar made $175k on one weekend in South Korea last year, and that's probably just one of many additional grosses that haven't yet been added to the $2.788. But with Disney deadset on EG passing it, we probably won't be hearing about them for a long time, if ever.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

So you're saying it made 7m in the past 8 years correct? 

Yes, part of it may be still from the spec ed re release (started in late august, so january wouldnt be the end), but 5m came after that

1 minute ago, The GOAT said:

like was the whole setting in your face or just the characters?

It was better than I expected, but since I need glasses it wasn’t supercomfortable to wear the 3d ones on top of them and it was a bit blurry even when I was in fourth row from screen. I’ve seen Up! before Avatar in 3D and felt like it was better experience having it all be computer generated (no live action obviously). But yeah, Avatar was overall one of the best 3D movies, no reason to see it in 2D