Totem

Avatar: The Way of Water | 16 DEC 2022 | Don't worry guys, critics like it

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

All I can say after seeing it on the big screen is underestimate this at your own peril. Family, romance, cute children, stunning alien worlds, real human drama. 4 quadrant bonanza.

4 quadrants, 4 billies. Simple as

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So i saw the trailer with DS:

No real reaction from the theater (70 people approx.), but we germans dont really react to trailers for anything, so that doesnt mean anything.

I thought the visuals looked very good but there was nothing truly mind-blowing. Every shot (especially the water scenes) was beautiful, but the trailer imo did a poor job at communicating what the movie is actually about. I can only take two things from it, 1) its the Avatar sequel duh and 2) its about family.

So yeah. Visually as great as i expected, but the story remains a big unknown. This teaser i think exists mainly to tell audiences that Avatar 2 indeed will be out in December but the next trailer should definetly paint a clearer picture what the story hook here is.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I wasn't really that impressed with the trailer tbh. I mean the visuals were great but it wasn't anything we haven't seen before. It's just a trailer but I still don't think it grosses near the first one.

Little reaction to the trialer here is Sacramento, California. Yeah, the visuals were very nice, but reallly nothing we have not seen before,. Of course the Cameron Fanboys are in extacsy, but I think whoever cut the trailer made a mistake in thinking he just had to  show some random scenes and get a huge reactin form the non fans.

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Little reaction to the trialer here is Sacramento, California. Yeah, the visuals were very nice, but reallly nothing we have not seen before,. Of course the Cameron Fanboys are in extacsy, but I think whoever cut the trailer made a mistake in thinking he just had to  show some random scenes and get a huge reactin form the non fans.

Canuck here. No hype for this but thor and Jurassic Park got some love in my showing yesterday. The family line gives me bad vibes honestly.

• Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Canuck here. No hype for this but thor and Jurassic Park got some love in my showing yesterday. The family line gives me bad vibes honestly.

vin-diesel-justin-lin.jpg

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

The family line was plain old corny.

This (Avatar 2 teaser) was the only thing to get any reaction at my Multiverse of Madness showing Friday. I feel pretty confident in at least 600m domestic for this, which should win the year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

This (Avatar 2 teaser) was the only thing to get any reaction at my Multiverse of Madness showing Friday. I feel pretty confident in at least 600m domestic for this, which should win the year.

Though Calendar year win will probably go to either Jurassic World or Black Panther 2 (latter i have 0 clue what to expect, but its a sequel to a 700M grosser first and foremost).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YourMother said:

only 600m domestic? More like over Force Awakens 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Though Calendar year win will probably go to either Jurassic World or Black Panther 2 (latter i have 0 clue what to expect, but its a sequel to a 700M grosser first and foremost).

Can avatar 2 win the calendar year?

unless JW overperforms 1.5 billion should be enough for that, avatar 2 will have 18 days to do so, force awakens did it in 19 and infinity war in 11

Leaning a bit toward no cause the 1st falls on a sunday, but i'm open to the possibility 

Edited by interiorgatordecorator

1 minute ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

Can avatar 2 win the calendar year?

unless JW overperforms 1.5 billion should be enough for that, avatar 2 will have 18 days to do so, force awakens did it in 19 and infinity war in 11

Leaning a bit toward no, but i'm open to the possibility 

Me and @YourMother were talking about DOM calendar year where its rather unlikely that Avatar 2 could catch JW3 or BP2 (as i think that both these films are gonna do 550M+).

Worldwide is a little bit different discussion. I would think Avatar 2 should have actually better chances there if it will behave like an anticipated sequel, aka opening with massive numbers. If it follows the first film though (Big opening, but the legs secured the records), then the calendar crown is probably out of reach.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Me and @YourMother were talking about DOM calendar year where its rather unlikely that Avatar 2 could catch JW3 or BP2 (as i think that both these films are gonna do 550M+).

Worldwide is a little bit different discussion. I would think Avatar 2 should have actually better chances there if it will behave like an anticipated sequel, aka opening with massive numbers. If it follows the first film though (Big opening, but the legs secured the records), then the calendar crown is probably out of reach.

china release would be in Jan

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

A lot of people have watched the trailer with Dr Strange 2 worldwide. Isn't it concerning that the sequel to the biggest worldwide box office hit of all time did not trend on twitter last 3 days?

Personally, It is not concerning. Like most of Cameron's movies, I think pre release hype will be almost irrelevant to A2's success and word of mouth will be the key. His filmmaking style lends itself well to this situation.

• Like 1